Resp & Qualifications PURPOSE:
Performs complex analysis, design, development, testing, and debugging of computer software ranging from operating system architecture integration and software design to selection of computer systems, language, and/or equipment. Designs, develops/codes, tests, and documents critical and complex application programs for computer systems. Works with appropriate stakeholders to define system scope and objectives and establish baselines. Establishes project standards and processes. Breaks down software requirements and creates highly complex systems.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Perform technical detail design, coding, testing of applications. Serves as subject matter expert for both customer and internal discussions related to maintaining and enhancing existing software systems. Develop and/or analyze interface design documentation. Comply with hardware and software systems standards and procedures. Deliver large systems for tens of thousands of users. Comply with code quality, migration and dev/ops standards and policies
Performs software analysis, including requirements and uses case development and design. Implements and documents source code to design specifications. Performs software testing including developing and running automated unit tests, drafting, and executing structured automated test cases. Compile, assess, and report data results from software testing and analysis.
Develops software solutions for enterprise environments and other technologies. Analyzes and implements functional and non-functional (e.g. performance, availability) requirements and designs, implements, and tests software. Performs operations & maintenance (O&M) of existing systems. Identifies areas for improvement and streamlining. Demonstrated experience with front-end and back-end programing and integration frameworks and tools. Assist in the estimation of development of application features
Provides direct technical support for high level, high visibility and critical trouble calls for supported applications. Works with cross functional teams to develop highly reliable software that runs at scale. Provides recommendations to infuse new technology. Extend open-source libraries and systems as necessary to meet the needs of the team. Play a crucial role in product scoping and roadmap / architecture discussions. Continually evaluate emerging technologies to identify opportunities, trends, and best practices. Mentoring of junior software engineersSUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY:
Individual Contributor - Position does not have direct reports but is expected to assist in guiding and mentoring less experienced staff. May lead a team of matrixed resources.SCOPE:
Freedom to Act
Work is accomplished without considerable direction. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria in obtaining results. Exerts significant latitude in determining objectives of assignment. Takes calculated risks with consultation from the expert.
Problem Complexity and Problem Solving Timeframes
Provides resolution to a diverse range of recognizable complex problems. Analysis is required to identify root cause. Uses judgment within defined boundaries to develop alternate solutions, both long and short term. Problem/Task resolution timeframe: Inclusive of shorter timeframes, but typically the majority of tasks take three to six months to resolve.
Level of Supervision Received
Functions independently within broad scope of established departmental policies/practices; generally refers specific problems to supervisor only where clarification of departmental operating policies/procedures may be required.
Failure to obtain results or erroneous judgments or recommendations would normally have serious results and may require substantial expenditure of resources to correct and / or achieve goals.
Contact with Others
Frequently inter-organizational and outside customer / vendor contacts. Part of a team who represents the organization. Monitors activities and communicates information across the organizationQualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
Education Details: Information Technology or Computer Science
Experience: 5 years experience with software development, basic coding and compilation, software architecture/design, user requirements definition and software specification development.
In Lieu of Education
In lieu of a Bachelor's degree, an additional 4 years of relevant work experience is required in addition to the required work experience.Preferred Qualifications:Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Ability to communicate technical requirements to all levels of expertise., Advanced
- Proficient in establishing and maintaining good working relationships., Advanced
- Knowledge and understanding of software development life cycle (SDLC)., Advanced
- Proficient with integrating complex and/or existing systems., Advanced
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal., Advanced
- Knowledge of cloud technologies (e.g. AWS, Azure), Proficient
- Knowledge of database technologies (e.g. cloud, SQL, Oracle, Mongo DB, PostgreSQL, etc.), Advanced
- Fundamental knowledge of software engineers’ best practices, agile methodologies, CI/CD pipelines, Advanced
- Knowledge of test-first practices including Test-Driven Development (TDD) for unit tests and Behavior-Driven Development (BDD) for automated acceptance tests, Advanced
- Strong experience with Deployment/Continuous Integration/ Continuous Testing/ Continuous Delivery processes and tools and have expertise in CI/CD tools and framework, Advanced
- Knowledge of Code quality and promotion practices, Advanced
- Strong experience in coding dynamic site using Drupal 8.x,9.x on Acquia cloud platform using Cloud IDE ,Site Studio, Acquia/azure devOps pipeline.
- An in-depth knowledge of security for Drupal based sites in the cloud.
- Strong experience in setting up CI/CD pipelines for Drupal based sites for code and database promotion with quality checks using GIT, BitBucket, Jenkins, Azure/Acquia DevOps pipeline.
- Strong experience in building responsive site using Acquia Site Studio.
- Perform complex Drupal development tasks including custom module development using the Drupal API system and hooks from major Drupal core systems.
- Working experience in configuring & developing 3rd party modules & custom modules.
- Working experience as a Drupal front-end Developer / Senior Drupal front-end developer role.
- Working experience in React/Angular.
- Undertake quality assurance and testing for functionalities developed.
- Responsible for conceptualizing responsive front-end design and theming.
- Responsible to operate, maintain and improve our Drupal site assets environments, including monitoring, patching, regular releases, and documentation.
- Responsible for Debugging, Maintaining & Updating a Drupal Sites in multiple environments.
- Responsible to configure the basic modules and settings in the core to get a site up and running using Drush command-line tool.
- Responsible to build a custom theme from scratch that adheres to HTML/CSS code standards.
- Responsible to customize the core, forms, and themes using template or custom modules rather than modifying the core files.
- Responsible to create forms from scratch using the API and validation and posting to the database/email.
- Responsible to create custom modules from the ground up using core hooks and module hooks.
- Responsible to maintain appropriate documentation with code.
- Experience with a multi-site environment would be a plus.
The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes them ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs. Must be able to effectively work in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities, deadlines, and workloads that can be variable for long periods of time. Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence. Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of theCompany to provide equal employment opportunities to allqualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careersClosing Date Please apply before:9.29.2021Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship