The domains that define the Internet are powered by Verisign!
We operate some of the world's busiest and most critical internet infrastructure. We do this at tremendous scale, processing 100s of billions of transactions each day. Our products include DNS registry management (.e.g, .com, .net, .gov, .edu, .tv, .cc and many others), Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) Protection Services, Recursive DNS with DNS Firewall, and Managed DNS. Our infrastructure services are relied upon every day by the world’s 3 billion Internet users.
Verisign’s Insight Engineering team is a high performing, agile, DevOps team who builds horizontally scalable, high performance, and highly available systems. As part of the team, you will be responsible for analyzing real-time streaming and batch data to detect attacks and other anomalies on our systems and recommend countermeasures to protect us from these threats. We use some of the most sophisticated tools available including Scala, Kafka, Storm, Spark, ELK, Cassandra, Influx, Zookeeper, Hadoop, Hive, HDFS, Ansible, Python and more.
We’re looking for mid to advanced level software engineers who demonstrate:
· a track record for high quality and impactful delivery demonstrating strong design skills and a passion for code quality
· true craftsmanship, who enjoys breaking down tough problems, as well as working with a team to deliver valuable solutions
· passion for producing quality code and dedicated to best practices such as automated testing, code reviews, continuous integration, and continuous deployment
· bias towards action on tough problems and issues
· that they are an agent for change, constantly learning and seeking better outcomes
· passion for enabling others to adopt new technologies
· skill at interacting and working with people in a proactive manner to mitigate key project technical risks and ensure quality
· enjoys working in a DevOps environment and taking responsibility for products from design to deployment
· Experience building horizontally scalable, high performance, and highly available, distributed systems
· One or more JVM-based programming languages (Scala, Clojure, Java, etc.)
· Proficient with Linux
· Outstanding problem solving and trouble-shooting skills
· Excellent team player who enjoys a collaborative team environment
· 8+ years of relevant work experience in software development.
· Cassandra, Influx, KairosDB
· Storm, Spark, Akka
· 4 years Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience