Kforce is working with a growing Gaming Firm located in New York, NY and they are searching for a Senior Software Engineer with Java experience.
The Senior Java Developer will be responsible for designing, developing, and supporting the game platform as well as other customer-facing gaming-related software and infrastructure systems. They are seeking a Senior Java Developer that is energetic and eager to take on a wide variety of complex development projects in a fast-paced environment.
Developers on the server team are highly engaged in all aspects of the SDLC to enable the client to create a set of reliable, highly scalable, large scale micro systems that use cutting edge technology to support the entire social platform for this firm. With systems that do real-time stream analysis and with the addition of ML they are going to take the company to new heights by providing their customers with a highly personalized, engaging gaming experience.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
* Participate in the design and implementation of essential applications
* Demonstrate expertise and add valuable input throughout the development lifecycle
* Help design and implement scalable, lasting technology solutions
* Review current systems, suggesting updates as needed
* Gather requirements from internal and external stakeholders
* Test and debug new applications and updates
* Develop and utilize technical change documentation
* Strive to deploy all products and updates on time
* Help improve code quality by implementing recommended best practices
* Remain up to date on all current best practices, trends, and industry developments
* Maintain a high standard of work quality and encourage others to do the same
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science; equivalent experience considered
* 5+ years of professional experience
* Experience with cloud service provider(s)
* Experience in building modern distributed applications or micro services
* Experience with Container Management such as Docker and Kubernetes
* Experience in Relational Databases and NoSQL Databases
* Experience with Message Queues (Kafka preferred) with an understanding of message queue concepts and best practices
* Experience in Java concurrency is important
* Self-motivated, self-learner, and self-developer
* Strong communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
* Strong understanding of algorithms and data structures
* Knowledge of Object Oriented Design/Programming
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.