About Uber Freight
Uber Freight connects shippers with truckers, much like the way Uber connects riders and drivers. The Freight team believes that empowering truck drivers will bring more open, efficient, and increasingly safer transportation to our roads. We are a team of sharp, entrepreneurial individuals bringing technologies, algorithms and lessons from Uber's core business into the $700B U.S. Transportations & Logistics industry. Comprised of Uber veterans and newcomers, we are looking for candidates who share our enthusiasm for disrupting today's toughest challenges in transportation. We are a Customer Obsessed team, and care deeply about our users, continually looking for opportunities to improve their lives.About the teams
Freight Engineering is tasked with creating the algorithms, systems, applications that power our independent drivers, sales and operations teams, and shippers that need to transport freight across the country. For these different user segments, we create business portals, mobile applications, integrations with third-party systems, and self-learning models that adjust to market conditions in real-time. Most of our work is distributed via the Web and through mobile app stores, interfacing with Uber cores services and running on Uber's compute platform.Marketplace Dynamics
The Marketplace Dynamics team is responsible for building products, algorithms and services that drive pricing efficiencies within our network. The Marketplace Dynamics group works at the intersection of data science & engineering, and develops the decision-making systems to create a healthy central exchange. Alongside our Shipper and Carrier teams, this group optimizes the pricing, matching, and recommendation capabilities across our applications.Basic Qualificaitons
- 5+ years of hands on software engineering experience with thoughtfulness of scale, latency and distributed domain-based architectures
- Experience with one or more of the programming languages (Go, C++, Java, Python, etc) and relational and/or object data stores (MySQL, Cassandra, Redis, etc)
- Experience with distributed storage and database systems, including SQL or NoSQL, MySQL, Cassandra, Hive, Presto or Spark
- MS/PhD in Computer Science, or related fields
- Experience using machine learning libraries or platforms, including Tensorflow/Pytorch, Caffe, Theanos, Scikit-Learn,or Spark MLLib
- Experience developing complex software systems scaling to millions of users with production quality deployment, monitoring and reliability
- Experience in stream processing: Storm, Spark, Flink etc.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form