Kforce has a client that is seeking a Senior Software Engineer (Ops and Services) to join their Development Team.
The development team maintains a number of e-Commerce sites specializing in custom printing. They process thousands of pieces of user generated artwork daily. These personalized products are then produced on industrial scale equipment that interfaces with a fulfillment back-end written entirely by the client's engineers. The Operations and Services development team is responsible for all systems powering our operations. From manufacturing, to accounting, to backend services supporting their e-Commerce platforms, this team solves a wide variety of problems.
The Positions Responsibilities:
* Work on an agile software development team that ships code daily
* Collaborate and participate in planning, daily standup, and retrospective meetings
* Design, implement, and test new features, resolve bugs, perform performance tuning and handle maintenance requests
* Integrate 3rd-party and in-house developed software components into their processes and workflows
* Help migrate the client's tech stack to a service-based and message-driven architecture
* Help scale the client's systems to meet the ever-growing demand
* BA/BS in a technical field including, mathematics, computer science, etc or equivalent work experience
* 3+ years of experience
* Familiarity with SQL databases and an ORM such as the Entity
* Experience with web services (SOAP and REST)
* Knowledge of OO design patterns and their benefits
* Positive attitude, willingness to work on a variety of requests
* Spirit of collaboration
* Passion for all things code
Nice to Haves:
* Experience with message queueing technologies such as RabbitMQ is a plus
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.