Senior Software Engineer
Company is seeking a highly skilled Senior Software Engineer. We are growing and expanding our cloud development team and are looking for someone great to help us drive the streaming revolution. Company is looking for an individual who can help us enable streaming video and audio to any device, anywhere!
As a Senior Software Engineer for Cloud,Team you will join a core team building the software that powers over 25% of worldwide live streaming. Through your contributions, you will be empowering a community of builders creating professional-grade streaming solutions. As a member of the team, you will bring expertise and focus to the engineering of transcoding capabilities within the Cloud. What you will do:
Experience we'd like for you to have:
- Create - Work in a collaborative environment with Product and Engineering to deliver new features and capabilities on a foundational platform. Build quality in and architect maintainable and extensible solutions that perform at scale.
- Innovate - Company is a leader in the streaming industry and we are constantly evolving our products to meet customer demands, influencing and keeping pace with emerging standards in the space. Your ideas are valued, you can impact the product roadmap, and you might even file patents along the way.
- Improve - Help define and refine engineering best practices, actively participate in design and code reviews, and make the code better with every commit.
- Learn - Our product does a lot, enabling a wide variety of streaming workflows for our customers. The product is complex, the domain is deep, and the industry is everchanging. There is always something new to learn, something we hope you will embrace.
- Support - Our customers rely on our product to be rock solid. As an Engineering team, we stand ready to back our Support organization in helping our customers through their toughest challenges and capturing ways to make our products better.
- Lead - Serve as a subject matter expert in video transcoding, providing technical leadership within the team, the company, and the industry.
- Five plus years of experience in software development
- Development experience in multiple programming languages
- Strong software development foundation in application design and data structures
- Experience with related tooling and frameworks
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of streaming media technology
- Ideally bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- Extensive practical knowledge with:
- Ruby On Rails (5+ Years)
- API development
- Relational databases such as MySQL, AWS RDS, Postgres
- Cloud providers such as AWS, Google Cloud, Azure Cloud, Oracle Cloud
- Unit test development and writing testable code
- Continuous integration, Build automation, Git
- Experience creating and documenting public REST APIs and SDKs
- Scrum/Agile development methodology
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at