Deloitte is hiring a Senior Software Engineer
in Fort Meade, MD.
The Software Engineer will work independently and part of a team to develop, maintain, and enhance complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real- time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements. The Software Engineer will reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolve software problem reports. Utilize software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment. Provide specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade- offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.Required Skills:
How you'll grow
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance
- Bachelor's degree and 7 years or more of Software Engineering (SWE) experience or 12 years of SWE experience with similar software processes may be substituted for degree
- Experience with Object Oriented Programming techniques
- Experience with the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Ability to solve complex problems, improve business operations, and manage the complexity inherent with technology change
- Proven experience managing and leading teams of engineers
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.