It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business. Company Overview
At Proofpoint, we have a passion for protecting people, data, and brands from today's advanced threats and compliance risks. We hire the best people in the business to:
- Build and enhance our proven security platform
- Blend innovation and speed in a constantly evolving cloud architecture
- Analyze new threats and offer deep insight through data-driven intel
- Collaborate with customers to help solve their toughest security challenges
We are singularly devoted to helping our customers protect what matters most. That's why we're a leader in next-generation cybersecurity-and why more than half of the Fortune 100 trust us as a security partner. The Role
The Senior Software Engineer engineers in the tool & data science group are responsible for maintaining and extending tools for analyzing and presenting a large and disparate set of real-world data to determine what types of threats are affecting our customers. This job is an opportunity to work on vital infrastructure that allows our analysts understand more rapidly how the people that we're responsible for protecting are being targeted by bad actors across the globe. With your help, we can advance our state-of-the-art protection mechanisms and keep ahead of an ever-changing threat landscape. Your day-to-day
As a Senior Engineer, you will work with internal users such as threat analysts, researchers and other developers to create new tools and extend existing tools which mine data in a variety of formats and network locations to present useful information. We're in the process of refactoring our tool set from Python into Go and React, so you'll get a chance to work in all of those languages. One day you might be making a few quick fixes in existing code to solve some pain points for our researchers. The next, you might be working with a colleague to map out a more ambitious overhaul of a piece of code to take advantage of new capabilities or provide a new feature. As you do your work, you'll have access to the full range of tools that Amazon and other public cloud providers are creating to rapidly analyze and visualize terabytes of complex threat metadata. What you bring to the team
Two over-arching requirements:
Qualifications should include many/most of the following:
- An inquisitive mind with the ability to learn where the data exists in a large and disparate system and what that data means
- The ability to create tools that programmatically turn data into usable information
- BSCS or greater in relevant technical field with 5 years of experience , or 7+ years experience in a similar role
- recent experience with creating both front-end code and back-end code in a public cloud environment
- 2-3 years previous experience with Python 2 required. Python 3 very helpful but not required. Go and Node/React helpful but not required.
- Recent hands-on experience with at least one SQL database (MariaDB, MySQL, etc.) required
- Recent hands-on experience with at least one NoSQL database (e.g. MongoDB, ElasticSearch) required
As a customer focused and driven-to-win organization with leading edge products, there are many exciting reasons to join the Proofpoint team. We believe in hiring the best the brightest and cultivating a culture of collaboration and appreciation. As we continue to grow and expand globally, we understand that hiring the right people and treating them well is key to our success! We are a multi-national company with locations in 10 countries, with each location contributing to Proofpoint's amazing culture!
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!