A leader in medical systems design is seeking a Senior Software Engineer with strong experience developing and testing native iOS apps, to work from their office near Minneapolis, Minnesota. This is a full time, direct hire role, and they are offering generous starting salary, exceptional benefits, and relocation assistance for the right candidate.
They are taking direct steps to stay safe during the pandemic, including video interviews and remote onboarding. And given the nature of their work, your exposure to COVID-19 would be greatly reduced.
In this role you will develop, enhance, and sustain innovative solutions for medical devices. You will implement complex software in accordance with project requirements, UX design, and industry best practices. You will also collaborate with others on how to solve customer problems, and work to set the scope for new projects. As a result, you own components of the architecture, and you will direct the work of other team members.
- Working with Scrum team to develop new native software that will be a key component of product offerings.
- Providing technical guidance in software design and development activities. You may also oversee development team and coordinate strategies amongst teams to ensure technologies are interconnected and product lines are working smoothly.
- Coding, testing, debugging, documenting, and maintaining software applications using established coding standards and methodologies.
- Participating in Scrum activities, perform code reviews, contributing to a high performing, growing team.
- Ensuring new software meets quality standards through writing unit and automated tests.
- Troubleshooting, debugging, and resolving product issues as they arise.
- Assisting in designing interfaces to improve the user experience.
- Supporting the application lifecycle (concept, design, test, release and support), following established development, documentation, testing and deployment processes.
- Gathering requirements and suggesting solutions, then serving as an integrator between business needs and technology solutions.
- Collaborating with product development team to plan new features.
- Participating in planning and scoping meetings for future projects.
- Working cross functionally to resolve complex customer problems.
- Managing and maintaining project and work backlog
- Re-prioritizing tasks as the business deems appropriate.
- Staying current with new technology trends.
- Training, coaching and mentoring other engineers.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 4 years’ experience or Master’s Degree in Computer Science and 2 year’ experience; or comparable experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. BS in Computer Science preferred.
- Strong technical skills in Swift, Java, Appium
- Strong Experience developing and testing native iOS apps
- Experience with GIT
- Experience with AWS
- Experience testing middleware applications
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work toward task completion
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience working in an Agile development team
- Experience working in a Healthcare/clinical environment
- Ability to identify, own, and solve problems independently or as part of a team