Senior Software Engineer
Contract 12+ months
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to help build and maintain national systems supporting the federal government and helping people across the country receive better care.
This work involves hands-on software design, development, unit testing, and support using Java, PL/SQL, C++, and iReports. You will serve as a lead technical consultant for projects of diverse scope.
COMMITMENT TO SAFETY
As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for all newly hired employees and contractors.
What You'll Do:
- You will design and code new reports, programs, and other software and system components according to departmental and Company guidelines.
- You will design and code modifications to existing software.
- You will test all code written or modified.
- You will partner with the testing team for regression and quality assurance testing, collaborating with customers and end-users to ensure changes are appropriate.
- You will perform needs analysis of clients and end-users.
- You will lead the research, planning, designing, development, and deployment of software systems. Designs modifications for existing software, ensuring components of systems work together and the flow of data generates the desired results.
- You will analyze, research, and design solutions of diverse scope by evaluating identifiable factors. You may work with other experienced programming staff or vendors to facilitate resolutions.
- You will assist other programming staff in the analysis and resolution of issues.
- You will write or revise system and operation documentation for complex new and existing programs and systems in accordance with Company and client standards.
- You will stay abreast of industry trends.
- You may lead the research and design of new technologies and software, making recommendations for changes or improvements.
- You will serve as a resource expert to staff and management.
- You will provide direction and training to less experienced programming staff.
What You'll Need:
- Full COVID-19 Vaccination is required.
- Four-year degree in Computer Science or related field and/or equivalent training and/or experience 10+ years experience building software applications using Java/J2EE.
- Expert knowledge of programming languages.
- Demonstrated experience providing leadership and making difficult decisions.
- Experience with Oracle databases researching and writing PL/SQL code.
- Ability to work with and coordinate with other developers using tools such as Slack, Git Hub, Jira, Confluence.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Candidate must reside in the United States.
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary.
- Experience working in the healthcare industry preferred.
- Federal Government contracting work experience preferred.
- Prior experience working remotely full-time preferred.
- Java certifications preferred.
- Experience with database integration, relational (Oracle, PostgreSQL) preferred.