Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons Companies family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit, and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S
The Information Technology Department has an opening for a Sr. Software Engineer in the eCommerce Fulfillment team. Our tech-stack includes stuff like Java, Micro-services, Sprint Boot, Mongo-DB, Spark, Kafka, AZURE cloud, Angular, React, GIT, Gradle, Jenkins between cloud and on-prem environments. This position is in Pleasanton, California.Position Purpose
Help to build Albertsons Digital Fulfillment platforms and deliver on a multi-year roadmap that delivers new and optimized fulfillment solutions. Albertson's Companies is looking for people who are interested in re-imagining the grocery experience by harnessing the power of digital technologies. The right candidate will be part of a fast moving and highly visible team and will pave the way in building a scalable platform.Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for leading the technical team assigned to a project, on-shore, off-shore and near-shore through all stages of the software development lifecycle.
- Provides technical guidance, training and mentoring to development teams on Solution and Technical designs.
- Collaborates with the Enterprise Architect (EA) and Solution Architects, business and the project team to understand business requirements and strategies, ensures completeness of requirements and create suitable software solutions to support those needs.
- Responsible for the quality and delivery of the App Dev software activities, including adherence to development standards, software design and code reviews, security standards.
- Leverages existing and participates in the creation and augmentation of new and existing reusable service components and patterns.
- Defines the structure of systems, their interfaces, and the principles that guide its organization, software design and implementation.
- Ensures Integration Requirements & Designs are supported by defined Development Patterns and if required augments them as new patterns emerge.
- Ensures that the solution design align with the Target Architecture for the project.
- Use Agile SCRUM to deliver solutions with high level of flexibility and adaptability.
- Foster a culture of innovation in the team and encourage creative solutions
- Defines and supports reusable application components from a business and technology perspective.
- Contributor to application development principles and patterns.
- Partners with other Tech Leads and Architects in driving modular, services-oriented integration and solutions architectures.
- Ensure Target solutions are achievable and are accountable for ensuring that the Solution design strategy can be implemented working along a sequence of events/steps in achieving the Target Architecture
- Has a mindset and believes in CI/CD, Automation in developing modern software
How to Apply:
- 4-year degree (Computer Science, Information Systems or relational functional field) and/or equivalent combination of education or work experience.
- Deep knowledge of building consumer facing (web/mobile) applications.
- 8+ years practical programming (hands-on) experience (OOAD, Java EE, Web Services Technologies, SOAP and/or REST, Spring boot and Spring platform, Junit, Mocking Libraries).
- Preferred experience with implementing applications on the cloud infrastructure such as Microsoft Azure, AWS.
- Experienced in designing and developing Microservices applying Reactive patterns
- Preferred experience with NoSQL databases like Mongo-db , Casandra.
- Preferred experience with Redis Cache.
- Preferred experience with Reactive/non-blocking frameworks is a plus.
- Preferred experience with Apache Kafka and/or Azure Service Bus is a plus.
- Preferred experience with Apache Spark is a plus.
- Preferred experience with Apache Hadoop is a plus.
- Familiarity with the iOS and Android native and hybrid applications.
- Strong understanding of best practices around website security , Automation , DevOps
- Innovative, out-of-the-box thinker and willingness to push the envelope with creative solutions.
- Ability to handle multiple initiatives.
- Strong experience with Agile.
- Significant experience in capacity planning, systems performance analysis and optimization in a distributed environment.
- Excellent organizational and troubleshooting skills with attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge of programming documentation processes/procedures.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to collaborate across various groups, build relationships and manage effectively in a matrix organization
- Experience providing guidance, training and mentoring to developers and designers on solutions and design experience influencing team members, other architects and management.
- Self-starter, with a demonstrated ability to learn beyond formal training with a strong aptitude for delivering quality solutions and platforms.
- Working ability to identify architecturally significant requirements and their ramifications.
- In depth knowledge and experience integrating applications across diverse technical platforms
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers/en/home.html
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons-Safeway. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons-Safeway policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER