Want to work in a start-up environment with the resources of Amazon behind you? This is your chance to have a positive impact on millions of Amazon customers worldwide while working with industry-leading technologies. We're building a 2-pizza engineering team in New York to support a new Device Advertising Products and Personalization (DAPP) line of business within Amazon Advertising. We're looking for a passionate, team-oriented, and talented Senior Software Engineer with experience leading and building innovative, sophisticated platforms and experiences that customers love. This is a unique opportunity to get in early and drive significant portions of the technical roadmap.
DAPP seeks to delight worldwide customers of Amazon devices and entertainment experiences with ad-supported discovery of useful products and services. Our display advertising program on Fire TV is growing exponentially and we are doubling down on our success by expanding to other Amazon entertainment experiences. We are a technical and friendly team who has the unique benefit of building software systems that combine data science (AI/ML), device hardware, audience data, mobile apps and desktop web experiences. We care deeply about our device end-users and advertising customers and the well-being and growth of our team members.
About the role:
This role requires outstanding programming ability and a demonstrated track record of technical leadership. As a senior engineer, your technical leadership will be instrumental in building low-latency, highly scalable systems enabling thousands of concurrent advertisers to design and deliver unique user experiences to millions of customers. You will lead all aspects of the software lifecycle: design, experimentation, implementation and testing. You will succeed in these endeavors by combining your technical experience with your ability to listen to, learn from, and communicate with a diverse group of collaborators.
You're a senior engineer with a demonstrated track record of leadership in designing, developing and launching systems at scale looking for your next opportunity to innovate, build, and learn. You want to work on projects that require innovative and creative thinking, deep technical problem solving, the opportunity to lead and mentor other engineers and develop your career. You should be willing to dive deep, experiment rapidly, get things done, and relish the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems. You have a high bar for coding excellence, a passion for design and architecture, and are a clear communicator. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Experience leading the design and build of software architectures for scalability, reliability and performance.
- Proven ability to prioritize key system design details and deliver timely software with an intentional balance of features and technical debt.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- Sharp analytical abilities, great sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- A strong sense of curiosity, and a passion for innovation and learning.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.