3003 Summit Blvd, Atlanta, GA, USADivision:
Cox AutomotiveJob Level:
Yes, 5 % of the TimeSchedule:
Day JobRequisition Number:
206655 Job Summary:
The Senior Software Engineer
writes and maintains code within applications and systems to implement capabilities and features, improve performance and maintainability, while reducing technical debt in alignment with product and technology roadmaps. The Senior Software Engineer designs and implements integration functionality to meet defined business and technical goals, primarily using the AWS platform/services and supporting technologies (Java, XML, Web Services, etc.). The Senior Software Engineer will work to help refine business requests in conjunction with Platform Engineering, translate them into technical requirements and specifications, and implement those specifications into solutions that consider best practice, module reuse, resource management, and maintainability. While working in an agile team environment, the Senior Software Engineer will help define the work through story refinement, creation of acceptance criteria, and will support other members of the team through code reviews and mentoring. Primary Responsibilities:
- Works with Product Management in an agile scrum to understand the challenges that customers and end users face in their day-to-day work and partner with them to design viable solutions.
- Recommends viable solutions to processes, technology, and interfaces that improve the effectiveness of the team and reduce technical debt.
- Foresees capacity requirements for component usage and identifies limitations.
- Provides input into story sizing, backlog grooming, and release planning.
- Collects, generates and helps refine high level requirements and creates implementation strategies, acceptance criteria and test cases.
- Contributes to product and solution designs to address critical issues and complex problems.
- Develops software in response to the needs of stakeholders
- Understands technical architecture and writes software that are aligned with agreed upon standards.
- Performs trouble-shooting efforts and investigations when necessary.
- Deploys or assists operations in deploying solution to production.
Advice and Guidance
- Provides ongoing support, monitoring, and maintenance of deployed products.
Emerging Technology Monitoring
- Actively collaborates with other software engineers providing technical guidance and oversight where appropriate.
Qualifications: Required Knowledge, Experience and Qualifications:
- Actively participates in the engineering community, staying up to date on new software technologies and best practices and shares insights with others in the organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Electrical Engineering or related field or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education
- 5+ years experience with software development focused on integration
- 5+ years' experience in design and implementation REST API-based micro-services using JAVA, SpringBoot technologies
- Experience building services having a strong and consistent REST resource naming strategy.
- Experience building REST services that are documented and designed such that that the programmer can usefully develop reliable applications with them.
- Understanding of strong exception handling practices
- Understanding of Java Performance Tuning
- Experience with Cloud-based SaaS application development and Google Cloud Platform / AWS
- Hands on experience with AWS services such as EC2, RDS, IAM, Lambda, SNS, SQS, and S3
- Strong experience working with a relational databases
- Strong experience with CI/CD pipelines (Git, Jenkins, JFrog Artifactory )
- Ability to troubleshoot AWS services
- Solid understanding of integration design patterns, SOA/EAI best practices.
- Experience with REST and SOAP web services
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal/written communication skills and ability adapt to varied audiences
- Working experience in design, development, and implementation of highly scalable, high-volume software systems and components, web applications, and Software as a Service Environments
- Working experience realizing applications from conception and design, to implementation and support
- Knowledge of IT Service Management processes (Incident, Problem, Change) and SDLC
- Working experience with application lifecycle methodologies (e.g. agile, iterative)
- Working experience in analysis, design and programming
- Ability to capture requirements, design workflow, and deliver solutions
- Worked in an Agile / Scrum development team that promoted software development best practices, such as automated testing, code reviews, vulnerability management and DevOps techniques
Who We Are About Cox Automotive
There's nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto. About Cox
We are the Cox family of businesses. We've been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We're also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We're looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you'll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.