10415 Morado Cir, Austin, TX, USADivision:
Cox AutomotiveJob Level:
Day JobRequisition Number:
202001069 Cox Automotive
is hiring an experienced Software Engineer
to join our vAuto
group on the Foundations
team in Austin
. About vAuto
vAuto, Inc. is an industry leading innovator and provider of automotive software solutions. Since the company was founded in 2005, vAuto has launched several first-in industry innovations, including its current suite of solutions that deliver a better way to price, appraise and stock pre-owned vehicles. We are a fast-moving technology company specializing in web & mobile application solutions for the Automotive Industry. Team Summary
The ISS Foundations team designs, builds and maintains a set of cross domain components, services and applications that help the organization re-use solutions to well-known problems using standardized technologies. All items are built according to technical standards and designed from baseline reference architecture. ISS Foundations monitors the performance, scalability and reliability of those components to comply with each service level agreement. The team also efficiently deploys and operates software in the cloud. Job Summary
As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing programs as required to support the technical capabilities at vAuto. This includes both the development of new programs and maintaining existing programs. In the role of Software Engineer, you will be expected to successfully develop microservices/micro-frontends for our applications. To be successful in the role of Software Engineer you must be able to work effectively in a fluid, fast-paced agile environment while maintaining good communication with management and team members. Technologies We Use
C#, Oracle, SQL, .NET Core, MVC, Elastic Cache, PostgreSQL, AWS:ESC, Terraform, Dapper, DynamoDB, Docker Your Role
- Participate in the design of new programs or maintain existing programs
- Good understanding of Microservices/Micro- frontends
- Good API development is essential
- Develop new programs or maintain existing programs based on specifications
- Develop, implement and maintain unit tests of program
- Respond quickly and effectively to production issues and taking responsibility for seeing those issues through resolution.
- Actively participate in agile team activities
- For the assigned applications, functional areas or projects:
- Develop and maintain thorough system knowledge
- Participate in problem solving and troubleshooting
- Participate in functional test planning and testing
- Work with the team to maintain system quality
- Stay current with changes in the technical area of expertise
- Share knowledge by effectively documenting work
- BS in Computer Science or related degree, or equivalent work experience, including, but not necessarily linited to the following:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in C#
- Minimum 3 years experience with an RDBMS & SQL.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in object oriented programming (C#, Java, C++, Objective-C).
- Ability to work on multiple projects and be flexible to adapt to changing requirements Ability to turn high-level requirements into a working system through iterative development High energy, confident, ambitious and self-motivated individual. Must be an effective communicator
Who We Are About Cox Automotive
There's nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto. About Cox
We are the Cox family of businesses. We've been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We're also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We're looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you'll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.