10415 Morado Cir, Austin, TX, USADivision:
Cox AutomotiveJob Level:
Day JobRequisition Number:
206752 Cox Automotive
is hiring an experienced iOS Senior Software Engineer
to join our Inventory Management Solutions (IMS)
product group in Austin
. Our mission
As the market leader in software solutions for automotive manufacturers, dealers and consumers, our mission is to transform the way people buy, own and sell cars. We need talented, passionate people working together to achieve this and are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and commitment to creating the best customer experience possible. The Team
The mobile engineering team builds and maintains industry-leading mobile capabilities and applications across domains that include inventory management, acquisition, merchandising, and customer relations management. Our approach is based on solid architectural and development best practices that focus on shared components, reusable code, and cross-project collaboration to accelerate time-to-market while also minimizing duplicated code. We strive to deliver the best mobile experience possible. The Job
Cox Automotive is seeking a Senior Software Engineer with experience in native mobile iOS development with Swift to join our Austin, TX based team full-time. The primary responsibilities are building, maintaining and improving native components and applications and helping mature our mobile development practice. The Role
- Architect, design, develop and document new iOS frameworks and applications. Maintain and evolve existing iOS frameworks and applications.
- Act as the technical leader for a scrum team and actively participate in the project planning, sprint planning, daily scrum, and sprint review
- Develop, implement and maintain unit tests
- Drive projects to completion by collaborating with peers to overcome blockers
- Contribute to multiple codebases by helping to identify areas of improvement and to establish common design patterns
- Influence product direction in the vehicle inventory management and merchandising domains
- Provide thought leadership on mobile development excellence and best practices
- Help develop other software engineers by participating in code reviews, sharing knowledge and mentoring
- Stay current with the evolution of iOS, Swift and other mobile technologies
- Develop proof of concepts for new and innovative ideas
What we look for
- 5+ years of professional software development experience with 3+ years of experience in iOS, Swift and Objective-C
- BS in Computer Science or related degree, or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated experience developing and releasing native iOS applications
- Demonstrated experience leading iOS development projects and teams
- Multiple publicly available enterprise iOS applications in the Apple app store (current or previous)
- A great deal of passion for code quality, usability
- Solid problem-solving abilities, coding, testing and debugging skills.
- A high-energy, confident and self-motivated individual who is not afraid to learn and challenge the status quo
- Ability to turn high-level requirements into a working system through iterative development
- An effective communicator with strong interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Experience writing and/or debugging RESTful services is a plus
Who We Are About Cox Automotive
There's nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto. About Cox
We are the Cox family of businesses. We've been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We're also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We're looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you'll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.