224 Valley Creek Blvd, Exton, PA, USADivision:
Cox AutomotiveJob Level:
Day JobRequisition Number:
208081 This position is remote/work from home. You need to reside within the Central or Eastern Time Zones and able to work overlapping times with the teams in Exton, PA. W ho We Are + What We Do
At Cox Automotive, we offer the chance to take an important role in the digital revolution of the automotive industry. Our software engineers are part of an energetic team that build world-class solutions to benefit the auto buying public, dealers and manufacturers. At Cox Automotive, you'll be immersed in an environment that values your teamwork and creative problem-solving techniques while encouraging you to continue to learn new skills and technologies.
Risk-taking is encouraged here and we reward great results. Collaboration and support are woven into the fabric of everything we do; from 24-hour Hackathons and brain-storming sessions to sprint reviews, you'll be immersed in an environment that encourages bringing fresh ideas to the table with an innovative mindset.
Giving back to the community is important at Cox Automotive. You will be given time during working hours to volunteer at local charities. Job Overview
Our Software Engineers are energetic influencers who thrive on designing simple and scalable solutions to complex problems and delivering leading edge software products for our customers. We are looking for exceptionally ambitious and communicative hands-on individuals who are comfortable collaborating within the Agile methodology as part of a cross-functional team, have experience working in fast-paced environments, and who have the passion and skills to take our product offerings to the next level.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will be a technical leader in a collaborative team environment that encourages you to perform at your best, while contributing to the engineering efforts of one of our scrum teams. You will be challenged to engineer right-sized solutions for complex business problems. You will apply your knowledge of modern software design, best practices, design patterns, and frameworks, with an understanding of application performance and maintainability. You will aspire to use new technologies and challenge yourself to develop innovative solutions. You will work alongside developers and technical leads on a team where collaborative programming and mentoring is regularly practiced. Technologies we use
- Java, .NET Core, C# and ASP.Net
- Front End
- Web Components, React, NodeJs, Redux, Jest, Ext JS
- DynamoDB, Postgres, Elasticsearch, Oracle
- Cloud infrastructure
- ECS Fargate, EKS Fargate
- Terraform, Cake Build, Kubernetes
- API Gateway
- Code Build
- Code Pipeline
Qualifications: Skills and Experience:
- Being a passionate and flexible engineer, collaborate with your team to achieve and exceed the goal to build, deploy, monitor and manage a highly performing and highly available production system
- Influence technical solutions while coaching newer or less experienced members on your Scrum team
- Construct and manage services published to both internal and external consumers
- Implement platform-level components including event architectures, messaging, and caching solutions
- Write readable, maintainable, and efficient code
- Design and implementation of REST APIs, services, system tasks and cloud solutions
- Enhance performance and reliability of our current solutions
- Collaborate with team members on best practices, code reviews, internal tools and process improvements
- Evangelize new ideas within your team as well as across teams
- Explore open source or industry standard solutions that could be a fit for the organization
What's In It For You:
- 5-8 years of development experience
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related field (or additional 6 years broad development experience). Advanced technical degree and/or related training a plus
- Strong Java or .NET skills and object-oriented design experience, including extensive knowledge of the Java or .NET technology platforms, applied use of design patterns and REST, and MVC technologies such as AngularJS or ReactJS
- Experience delivering software in cloud-based systems is a plus
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and independently to design, develop and deploy solutions
- Experience in realizing applications from conception and design, to implementation and support
- Experience designing and implementing applications with highly optimized and scalable architectures
- Strong understanding of industry development, deployment processes and agile development methodologies desired
- Knowledge of session management, object relational mapping is a plus
#Remote-Central #Remote-NE #Remote-SE
- Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page .
Who We Are About Cox Automotive
There's nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto. About Cox
We are the Cox family of businesses. We've been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We're also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We're looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you'll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.