3400 New Hyde Park Rd, North Hills, NY, USADivision:
Cox AutomotiveJob Level:
Day JobRequisition Number:
At Cox Automotive, we offer the chance to do your best work and to help lead the digital revolution of the auto industry. Our Software Engineers are energetic influencers who have built a world-class software platform for auto dealers from the ground up. Collaboration is woven into the fabric of everything we do; from 24-hour Hackathons to sprint reviews and scrum teams, you'll be immersed in an environment that nurtures individualism, creative problem-solving, and intellect.
In your role you will analyze and resolve complex problems associated with application systems, and then detect, diagnose, and report related problems. The Software Engineer will coordinate work with their Agile Team.
Technology We Use:
Python, Django, React, REST, AWS, Docker, Databases, HTML, CSS, GitHub
- Review, analyze and test current systems to ensure optimal functionality and make calculated modifications based on desired results
- Analyze and resolve complex problems associated with applications systems
- Detect, diagnose and report related problems
- Participate in development of new industry-leading products using our tech stack
- Collaborate on best practices, code reviews, internal tools and process improvement
- Develop Web application/Microservices using the Python/Django technology
- Integrate the User Interface screens with REST services.
- Develop Web application using ReactJS.
- Bachelor's Degree; preferably in Computer Science or Computer Engineering and 5 years' experience OR 9 years relevant experience.
- Proficient experience with Python, Django REST for 3+ years preferred. Comparable Java experiences and willing to learn Python is also acceptable.
- Proficient with SQL and working knowledge with Oracle database.
- Solid understanding of web technology and experience using or creating web-based REST APIs
- Experience working in an environment that requires coordination of efforts between Engineering, Quality Assurance, Infrastructure, and Product Management
- Experienced with Agile development methodologies and working experience in agile teams.
- Results-oriented ability to respond to a changing business environment
- Strong understanding of version control systems GITHUB and Jenkins
- Working knowledge with Docker, create and deploy application running in Docker containers.
- Desired skills: React, Jenkins, Test automations, experience with AWS, Monitoring/Debugging tools: Splunk, NewRelic, DataDog, Extrahop.
Who We Are About Cox Automotive
There's nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto. About Cox
We are the Cox family of businesses. We've been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We're also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We're looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you'll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.