4615 E Elwood St. STE 300 & 400, Phoenix, AZ, USADivision:
Cox AutomotiveJob Level:
Yes, 5 % of the TimeSchedule:
Day JobRequisition Number:
We have an exciting opening with Manheim Logistics working on Central Dispatch product, connecting shippers and carriers providing self managed logistics. The Software Engineer writes and maintains code within applications and systems to implement capabilities and features, improve performance and maintainability, while reducing technical debt in alignment with product and technology roadmaps. The Software Engineer plays a role in Agile planning, providing advice and guidance, and monitoring emerging trends.
- Be a part of a team of software engineers that design and develop code that consistently adheres to good programming practices
- Build modern UI's using REACT.js
- Participate in architectural sessions and provide solutions to complex problems
- Design, develop, and maintain high volume Microsoft .NET C# web services using industry standard tools and frameworks.
- Design and maintain schemas in our databases
- Write efficient SQL for loading and querying data
- Collaborate with product managers and technologists to solve business problems
- Live by Agile (particularly Scrum) principles and collaborate with team members using Agile techniques including test driven development, code reviews, and retrospectives
- Maintain Cox Automotives position as an industry leader by exploring new technologies, languages, and techniques in the rapidly evolving world of high volume data processing
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education
- 5 plus years of working experience or equivalent amount of education and experience
- Working experience with performance and monitoring tools (e.g. jMeter)
- Working experience of software development (e.g. C#)
- Working experience in software performance engineering in a large-scale environment
- Working experience with performance tools (e.g. Web Page Test, Jmeter or Load Runner)
- Working experience with monitoring and diagnostic tools such as PagerDuty, New Relic, DataDog and Splunk
- Working experience optimizing website performance with strong knowledge in networks, browsers, content delivery, etc.
- Working experience in identifying system bottlenecks, architectural risks, and issues
- Working experience supporting web-based applications built on UNIX/LINUX systems
- Working experience in a variety of relational DBMS data structures including writing SQL statements to extract data from databases (MySQL preferred)
- Working experience with source code control systems (Github)
- Knowledge of functional automation testing and tools
Who We Are About Cox Automotive
There's nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto. About Cox
We are the Cox family of businesses. We've been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We're also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We're looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you'll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.