Employer helps businesses fight cybercrime, protect data and reduce security risks. With cloud and managed security services, integrated technologies and a team of security experts, ethical hackers and researchers, Employer enables businesses to transform the way they manage their information security and compliance programs while safely embracing business imperatives including big data, BYOD and social media. More than two million businesses are enrolled in the Employer TrustKeeper(r) cloud platform, through which Employer delivers automated, efficient and cost-effective data protection, risk management and threat intelligence.
Employer is headquartered in Chicago, with customers in 96 countries. For more information about Employer, visit www.trustwave.com. Employer, a leader in cloud-based compliance and information security solutions, announces an opening for a Senior Software Engineer to join Employer's Product Engineering Team in Pittsburgh.
We are looking for talented, highly motivated candidates with 5-10 years of software engineering and architecture experience that are interested in building Security Products for low-latency, high-volume environments. Responsibilities:
- Work in small, agile teams to design, prototype and build new product offerings and enhance existing products and tools
- Collaborate with Product Management to and identify, prioritize and document detailed product requirements
- Design, develop and document application and framework code in Java, DART and other object-oriented programming languages
- Create robust automated unit/functional test suites and deployment scripts
- Work with internal QA team on system, performance and acceptance testing
- Familiarity with Agile/iterative development methodologies (XP, SCRUM, etc.)
- Strong object-oriented design and Java programming skills, including experience with leading open source frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate and JUnit
- Familiarity with Ruby, C/C++ or other object-oriented languages (e.g. Groovy, Python) is also desirable
- Solid relational DBMS skills using MySQL, PostgreSQL or other DBMS products. Experience with Big Data Technologies (Hadoop, ElasticSearch, MapReduce, MongoDB, etc.) is highly desirable.
- Real-world experience building very large scale, high availability applications
- Experience developing web services using REST, SOAP, orXML-RPC, approaches.
- Ability to work with distributed teams in a dynamic, iterative development process
- Occasional overnight travel to other Employer offices in the U.S. may be required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- BS in Computer Science or Engineering is preferred
- Familiarity with the security industry is desirable but not required
We prefer college-educated applicants, but at minimum, high school diploma or equivalent is required for employment.
Employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
To All Agencies:
Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Employer outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Employer's policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via the Employer Agency Portal. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Employer and in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid. Department: