Senior Software Engineer
CoStar delivers real-time, verified commercial real estate data that helps clients confidently spot great opportunities and make smart choices ahead of competitors. By combining the power of CoStar's independent research organization - the industry's largest - with global data delivery, software, and application solutions, clients can act on opportunities with confidence.
CoStar Real Estate Manager, a division of CoStar Group, provides cloud-based lease accounting and administration applications to the commercial real estate industry. CoStar Real Estate Manager helps corporations, retailers, landlords, and commercial real estate service providers build world-class real estate operations by providing integrated solutions that eliminate information "silos" and consolidate information across business units.
The Senior Software Developer is a highly skilled data integration and report developer working on sophisticated applications for CoStar's Real Estate Manager's platform. The ideal candidate will possess a demonstrated track record delivering scalable solutions optimized for performance and a passion for working with data. This position will report to the Director of Implementation and will be based out of the Atlanta, GA office. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop web applications and services using modern Microsoft and Open Source technologies
- Work with Business Analysts and Implementation stakeholders to translate business requirements into well architected software that meet business goals and data quality benchmarks
- Build the next generation of the self-service Data Integration platform using .NET Core
- Participate in feature reviews, help break down the features into granular stories and provide estimates
- Be a champion for change and continuous improvement by proposing tools and processes to strive for automation and high-quality code
- Function as a team player and collaborate with development and QA teams to ensure that sprint goals are consistently met
- Serve as a Player/Coach and mentor team members in software development best practices
- Lead design initiatives and participate in brainstorming sessions
- Partner with IT and DevOps to evaluate and propose system improvements for development and test environments
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
- 5+ years of web development using .NET MVC with C#.
- Proficient in object-oriented programming design principles and able to apply them to new development and legacy code (as necessary)
- Proficient in T-SQL and ability to design efficient data models
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to efficiently communicate with technology and business team members
- Experience working in in Agile Scrum teams and knowledge of the fundamentals of an Agile team
- Experience with SCM tools like Git or TFS
- Experience in Test Driven Development (TDD) and automated unit testing frameworks
OVERVIEW OF COMPANY:
- Experience in .NET Core is a plus
- Experience as a Tech Lead or Architect is a plus
- Experience with Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) solutions and/or working on data centric applications is a plus
- AWS or Azure cloud experience is a plus
Founded in 1987, CoStar Group is the leading provider of commercial real estate information, analytics, and online marketplaces. Our suite of online services enables clients to analyze, interpret and gain unmatched insight on commercial property values, market conditions and current availability. Behind some of the most well-known brands in the industry, CoStar Group includes CoStar, the largest provider of CRE research and real-time data; LoopNet, the most heavily trafficked mobile and online real estate marketplace; Apartments.com, the premier rental home resource for renters, property managers and owners; STR, the leading provider of performance benchmarking and comparative analytics to the hotel industry; BizBuySell, the largest online marketplace for businesses-for-sales; and Lands of America, the leading operator of online marketplaces for rural real estate.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, CoStar Group maintains offices throughout the U.S. and in Europe, Canada, and Asia with a staff of over 4,300 worldwide.WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU:
Working at CoStar Group means you'll enjoy a culture of collaboration and innovation that attracts the best and brightest across a broad range of disciplines. In addition to generous compensation and performance-based incentives, you'll be supported in both your professional and academic growth with internal training, tuition reimbursement, and an inter-office exchange program.
Our benefits package includes (but is not limited to):
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage: Medical / Vision / Dental / Prescription Drug
- Life, legal, and supplementary insurance
- Commuter and parking benefits
- 401(K) retirement plan with matching contributions
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- On-site fitness center and/or reimbursed fitness center membership costs (location dependent), with yoga studio, Pelotons, personal training, group exercise classes, as well as Segways and bikes available for use during the day
- Complimentary gourmet coffee, tea, hot chocolate, prepared foods, fresh fruit, and other healthy snacks
Be part of a team of professionals enjoying the opportunity to learn, do, and grow in a rewarding atmosphere. But don't just take our word for it -- see why our team chose to work at and stay at CoStar Group: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVbJRnJ2sX0
We welcome all qualified candidates who are currently eligible to work full-time in the United States to apply. However, please note that CoStar is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position.
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing