Senior Software Engineer
Location: Washington,, DC
Start Date: Aug 4, 2020
Apply Now Sign Up For Job Alerts Email Job Refer a Friend Apply with LinkedIn
ConsultNet is hiring a Senior Software Engineer/SharePoint Developer to assist with the administration, development, implementation and support of the corporate applications including SharePoint applications. The successful candidate will serve as subject matter expertise and provide solutions, guidance, and support for SharePoint and other applications. Primary duty involves gather requirements, analyze, design, develop, test, troubleshoot, administer, support, maintain, document and improve continuously. The candidate will closely work with other application development team members and plays a key role in the success of the department.
• Administer and maintain corporate SharePoint farms. Move current intranet web site to SharePoint online.
• Design Solutions: Serve as a SharePoint subject matter expert for project activities.
Collaborate cross-functionally with database engineers, business users, project managers and other engineers to achieve solutions. Create test plans, design specification, implementation details, prototyping and documentation.
• Develop web applications: Convert business requirements into technical solutions using appropriate and applicable application development technologies. Code solutions following best practices and standards. Debug and troubleshoot.
• Test web applications: Work with team members to ensure quality. Participate in the creation and execution of automated unit tests, functional tests, regression tests, integration tests and system performance tests.
• Deploy web applications: Deploy code to production servers and work with infrastructure team.
• Maintain web applications: Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in existing systems and platforms. Provide technical support to end users on web applications.
• Research and development: Provide recommendations for continuous improvement. Work alongside other engineers on the team to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices.
• Demonstrate a deep understanding of, and advise, what functionality SharePoint can provide out of the box, the types of configurations that are available along with their limitations.
• Ensure that SharePoint best practices are enforced across the corporation. Maintain a good understanding of SharePoint advanced features like Business Intelligence, claims-based authentication, search, and managed metadata etc
• Troubleshoot client-side and managed code written and provided from a number of sources, sometimes involving SharePoint third party tools such as Nintex. Troubleshoot SharePoint workflows, utilizing tools such as SharePoint Designer or Nintex Workflows
Required Minimum Qualifications:
• Education: A bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems or related field is required.
• 7+ years of overall IT experience
• 3+ years of experience with configuring, administering and developing SharePoint products and technologies, including 2010, 2013, and SharePoint Online.
• 3+ years of .NET experience in Microsoft .NET technology stack. Must have hands-on experience implementing and supporting Microsoft SharePoint based solutions using ASP.NET
• Experience with MS SQL Server, data connections and writing complex stored procedures
• A solid understanding of Windows SharePoint Services and other web development experiences will be required in order to implement high quality, scalable and effective SharePoint solutions to support various organizational requirements.
• Possess a broad understanding of the SharePoint platform and its building blocks (Windows Server, IIS, ASP.NET, Active Directory, SQL Server)
• Demonstrate knowledge on how to integrate SharePoint with other systems. Extensive knowledge of SharePoint 2010 or newer, including workflow and content management.
• Conduct expert level SharePoint development (to include full-trust code, client object model, REST API, app model for SharePoint 2010/2013).
• Hands on experience with SharePoint workflow development/ customizations using SharePoint Designer.
• Hands on experience with InfoPath forms.
• Hands-on experience in Object-Oriented Design (OOD)
• Microsoft .Net, C#, and Visual Studio • Messaging architectures XML, SOAP, REST and Web Services
• Experience and knowledge of multi-tier and cross-platform architectures
- Strong knowledge and understanding of .NET Framework & Microsoft SQL Server and other backend technologies
• Creativity and ability to think outside-the-box, take the initiative in moving technical ideas forward with clarity
• Ability to develop unconventional solutions for customer requirements in a collaborative environment as part of a dynamic team
• Excellent communication (verbal and written), Technical documentation skills, presentation, and Interpersonal skills;
• Ability to work independently with little guidance
Be a part of the ConsultNet difference. As a leading national provider of IT staffing and solutions, ConsultNet delivers exceptional services to startup, midmarket and Fortune 1000 companies across North America. Since 1996, we've partnered with clients to create rewarding opportunities for our consultants, successfully building teams that have surefire results.
In the past two years alone, we have placed more than 1,500 consultants in contract, contract-to-hire, or direct placement opportunities. We understand communication is key to finding the right job that matches your skills and career goals. For us, it's not just the work that we do; it's how we do the work. Our breadth of offerings extends to multiple IT positions in major markets throughout the country, see more at www.consultnet.com