Sling TV L.L.C. provides an over-the-top (internet delivered) television experience on TVs, tablets, gaming consoles, computers, smartphones, smart TVs and other streaming devices. Distributed across a variety of strategic device partners, including Google, Amazon, Apple TV, Microsoft, Roku, Samsung, LG, Comcast, and many others, Sling TV offers two primary domestic streaming services that collectively include more than 100 channels of top content. Featured programmers include Disney/ESPN, NBC, AMC, A&E, EPIX, NFL Network, NBA TV, NHL Networks, Pac-12 Networks, Hallmark, Viacom, and more. For Spanish-speaking customers, Sling Latino offers a suite of standalone and extra Spanish-programming packages tailored to the U.S. Hispanic market. And for those seeking International content, Sling International currently provides more than 300 channels in 20 languages (available across multiple devices) to U.S. households.
Sling TV is the #1 Live TV Streaming Service; a next-generation service that meets the entertainment needs of today's contemporary viewers. Visit www.Sling.com to learn more about our product. We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win - it's in our DNA. We're looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Television is not what it used to be. Technologies, businesses and viewing habits are changing fast and reshaping the TV landscape. We are the makers of Sling TV, the industry-leading OTT (over-the-top) video streaming service that delivers live U.S. and international programming, as well as video on demand. We are seeking a Software Engineer to join our American Fork, Utah - based team. This is an exciting position in a fast-moving project. What we're building is revolutionary and every employee participates in a profit sharing program. Come be a part of changing the face of TV!
Opportunity is here. We are Sling. Responsibilities
- Write Typescript code to authorize content, play video and track video status and progress. Target platforms include Chromecast, web browsers, SmartTVs and more.
- Collaborate with team members for problem solving, bug fixes, new feature implementations, work planning and code demonstrations.
- Assist with team-wide validation of functional correctness, architectural compliance, and adherence to applicable industry standards.
- Collaborate with other teams to coordinate changes to shared interfaces.
- Collaborate with team and leaders to develop optimal technical solutions that balance capabilities of third-party vendors, business requirements, and the team's internal goals for technical excellence.
- Adhere to team standards for writing and documenting code.
- Learn and follow Scrum and Agile principles and processes.
- Come to work each day with an innovative mindset.
- A four-year degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent professional software engineering experience
- Minimum 2 years coding experience.
- Firm understanding of Object Oriented principles, design patterns, and software design/architecture best practices.
- Experience developing software for embedded consumer electronic devices, or interfacing with third-party APIs and SDKs
- Commitment to principles of code excellence: clean code, unit testing, automated testing, peer code-reviews, and continuous integration.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly concisely both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to collaboratively work through technical issues in a professional manner, making design considerations and trade-offs as needed.
- Thrive in and contribute to an innovative and collaborative team environment.
- Experience using agile & scrum
- Working knowledge of relevant industry technologies and standards: HTTP/HTTPS, HLS, DASH, Webpack and GIT source control.
- Working Experience with Node.js and Typescript.
- Experience in CI/CD pipelines using tools such as Jenkins.
- Experience in Redux State Management.
Compensation: $99,360.00/Yr. - $157,665.00/Yr.
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website.
Employment is contingent on Successful completion of a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.