Senior Software EngineerAbout Dish
Our Vision is to change the way the world communicates. Our Mission is to connect people and things.
We are reimagining the way people watch TV with services like Sling and AirTV. We are redefining the boundaries of communication and connectivity too, with our planned green field 5G cloud native network build out and the Internet of Things. Nothing is out of our reach, and the opportunity to shape the future of entertainment and technology has never been more tangible. About the position
The successful candidate for this role needs to combine expert software engineering capabilities with solid video knowledge and apply these for complex media technology solutions for SlingTV. Hands-on expertise on microservices, APIs, and Cloud-based software is crucial for this role.
Make technology decisions, options analysis, and recommendations based on extensive knowledge of emerging technologies in the media domain and Industry trends.Basic Requirements:
A successful Senior Software Engineer will:
Technologies in our environment:
- Be available to work onsite out of our American Fork, UT or Englewood, CO offices
- Have a 4-year college degree in Computer Science / Information Technology, Master's degree is preferred or equivalent professional experience
- Have 5+ years of relevant experience
- Software development experience and minimum mobile apps development experience
- Suggest ways to improve software development approaches for SlingTV and be the "go-to-person" for software development in specific client / player area
- Provide leadership to software engineering projects within SlingTV
- Work closely with the project stakeholders to gather software requirements, understand issues and present solutions and guidance
- Ensure that the solutions to individual projects and problems align with the overall architectural roadmap
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with peer software engineering groups and key internal stakeholders and where applicable, maintain agreed external stakeholders relationships relevant to the achievement of business objectives.
Here are some of the key technologies that make up our environment. While we do not expect you to have a detailed understanding of each, the more of these you are familiar with, the better.
- Knowledge of streaming technologies and previous experience in developing streaming applications is a plus
- Understanding of REST APIs, the document request model, and offline storage
- Proficiency in one or multiple Programming Languages: Go, Java, C++, BrightScript, ReactNative, Python, node js, typescript, etc
- Knowledge of CI/CD & DevSecOps tools: Gitlab, Jenkins, Artifactory, SonarQube, ArgoCD, Fortify, Netsparker, white hat, OWASP, Vault, Salt Stack, Terraform, etc
- Experience with Automated testing of applications, Continuous Integration (CI), TDD, and/or BDD
- Knowledge of Serverless / Function as a service concepts, implementations & patterns, web scale and distributed systems
- Experience creating, optimizing, and integrating Application Programming Interface (API) calls; background in API development preferred.
- Create Technical Requirements Documentation based on Product Requirement Documents.
- Build high-level user interfaces using rapid prototyping methodologies.
- Design application frameworks for use across multiple products.
- Work with internal technical teams to identify and build platform elements required to support key mobile product features.
Compensation: $99,360.00/Yr. - $157,665.00/Yr.
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website.
Employment is contingent on successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check, which may include a drug test.