DISH is a Fortune 200 company with more than $15 billion in annual revenue that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service - Sling TV - that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television. Now we are building the nation's first stand-alone could-based open RAN 5G network.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win - it's in our DNA. We're looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH. Job Duties and ResponsibilitiesJob Duties and Responsibilites:
Skills, Experience and RequirementsSkills, Experience and Requirements:
- Write code to authorize content, play video and track video status and progress. Target platforms include Apple, Android, Roku and more.
- Collaborate with team members for problem solving, bug fixes, new feature implementations, work planning and code demonstrations.
- Assist with team-wide validation of functional correctness, architectural compliance, and adherence to applicable industry standards.
- Collaborate with other teams to coordinate changes to shared interfaces.
- Collaborate with team and leaders to develop optimal technical solutions that balance capabilities of third-party vendors, business requirements, and the team's internal goals for technical excellence.
- Adhere to team standards for writing and documenting code.
- Learn and follow Scrum and Agile principles and processes.
- Come to work each day with an innovative mindset.
- A four-year degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent professional software engineering experience
- Minimum 4+ years coding experience in Apple Swift with Apple Xcode creating applications for iPhone, iPad and Apple TV
- Firm understanding of Object-Oriented principles, design patterns, and software design/architecture best practices.
- Commitment to principles of code excellence: clean code, test driven development (TDD), unit testing, automated testing, peer code-reviews, and continuous integration/continuous delivery.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to collaboratively work through technical issues in a professional manner, making design considerations and trade-offs as needed.
- Thrive in and contribute to an innovative and collaborative team environment.
- Working knowledge of client-side debugging using tools such as debuggers, HTTP analyzers (Charles, Fiddler, et al), etc.
- Experience developing software for embedded consumer electronic devices, or interfacing with third-party APIs and SDKs
- Experience using agile & scrum
- Experience in CI/CD pipelines using tools such as GitLab.
#DICE_KTO Salary Range
Compensation: $65,800.00/Year - $94,000.00/Year Benefits
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website.
Candidates need to successfully complete a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.