We have an exciting new role as a Senior Software Engineer based out of Herndon, VA, with one of our prestigious clients. This is a full-time, permanent opportunity, offering a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Due to federal security contract requirements, applicant must be a US Citizen. Responsibilities of the Senior Software Engineer:
Requirements of the Senior Software Engineer:
- Provide leadership and direction to a small team of engineers focused on rapid prototype development
- Oversee prototype development to ensure that solutions meet customer or internal needs
- Research tools and techniques to create an online engagement platform to simplify analyst workflow
- Bachelor-s degree in Computer Science or related field required; higher education preferred
- At least 5 years of experience developing and overseeing technical projects
- Experience contributing to the architecture and design of new and current systems
- Expert proficiency with Python (must have) and Java
- Expert experience with SQL databases, such as PostgreSQL
- Experience running and managing virtualized servers, networking, and/or hosting environments
- Proven ability to develop technical solutions that meet customer needs
- Proven ability to lead technical projects and deliver on contract requirements
- Experience deploying to AWS is a plus
Job ID: 315770
Keywords: Senior Software Engineer, Java, SQL, PostgreSQL, AWS About Eliassen Group:
Eliassen Group provides strategic talent solutions to drive our clients- innovation and business results. Leveraging nearly 30 years of success, our expertise in IT staffing, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, and life sciences enables us to partner with our clients to execute their business strategy and scale effectively. Headquartered in Reading, MA and with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach. For more information, visit http://www.eliassen.com.
Eliassen Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Don-t miss out on our referral program! If we hire a candidate that you refer us to then you can be eligible for a $1,000 referral check !