Great software doesn’t happen on its own. It takes great people. That just happens to be our forte.
With nearly 20 years of matching top engineering talent with preeminent and innovative brands, we look for people who are inquisitive, resourceful, and dedicated to their craft and driven to help companies build great software. If this sounds like you, read on.
Are you passionate about building great software products and joining the fight to bring hope to cancer patients through next-gen sequencing and precision medicine?
Our client builds software products that are owned and developed by small, autonomous teams composed of developers, designers, scientists, and product managers. Teams set the goals, build the software, deploy the code, and contribute to a growing software platform that will make a lasting impact in the fields of cancer research and precision medicine.
Their modern tech stack - dynamic languages and the latest open source and cloud services - allows teams to iterate rapidly and lead the industry in innovation. Their decentralized, microservice architecture and emphasis on loosely coupled architecture and automation allow delivery of advanced solutions with confidence, and at scale.
Responsibilities for the position:
Reporting to: Sr. Director, Data Engineering & Analytical Platform
- Lead projects to evaluate technologies and inform the analytical platform technology radar and product roadmap
- Connect with communities of engineers, scientists, operators using data platform tools and recommend adoption of existing technology or incremental improvements to eliminate adoption barriers
- Work with product team members and stakeholders to discuss project priorities, scope, and trade-offs to deliver the right solutions at the right time
- Present new technologies and ideas to the broader organization, and the ability to communicate effectively and without bias while accepting critical feedback
- Guide application teams, providing the best practices and constraints for implementation of a new technology to fit successfully in the broader platform objectives
- Effectively embed on engineering teams to ensure success and practical learning of first movers in order to provide feedback back to technology radar and product roadmap
Current Stack: AWS Redshift, Py.Spark, Dask, Airflow, and AWS Batch and also investigating GCP Composer, DataProc, BigQuery, Google Kubernetes Engine
Why we’re looking for you:
- You have built and scaled analytical applications on an OSS foundation on cloud container orchestration platforms
- You keep informed on the open source and public cloud ecosystem of big data and machine learning platforms and frameworks
- You have several years of experience working on software development teams, and are confident leading technical analysis & design, evaluating tradeoffs, and establishing best practices
- You are curious about the inner workings of a technology, and go deep to understand the knobs that can be turned to align a technology with a use case
- You've worked in fast-paced, agile environments and helped keep projects on track, troubleshoot roadblocks, write documentation, and coordinate cross-team collaboration
- You enjoy collaborating with a diverse, talented team and mentoring and learning from team members regardless of experience level
- You have a bias for action, learning from failure to iterate your way to success
- Expertise in Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE) a major plus
- Experience using container orchestration for distributed data processing frameworks (Spark or Dask)
Bonus points for:
- Expertise building data processing and machine learning pipelines for application in genomic or healthcare imaging data
If you are interested, please apply with your CV