IDEXX is looking for a talented full stack developer to help us revolutionize veterinary healthcare. IDEXX-s Platform Solutions Software R&D group delivers a platform of powerful, scalable, reliable and high-performance data services and infrastructure to facilitate integration and analytics between disparate veterinary applications to both internal IDEXX units and external customers. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be a core contributor to this group, focusing on our web front end and the APIs that interact with it. In the process you-ll be helping us to deliver a world-class integration and data platform to the veterinary industry. You and your team will face some of the most complex challenges in distributed systems at scale while developing a modern UI. IDEXX wants to change the way developers think about building applications in the veterinary industry.
As part of the Platform Solutions Team, you will be working on a complex distributed platform that scales globally across the entire veterinary industry. You will participate in everything from UX design, to defining REST APIs, to writing the code and tests. You will be working on a platform that is composed of numerous technologies and leverages PAAS infrastructure in both AWS and Azure. The backend uses HBase, Azure Table Storage, and various relational stores for its persistence layer. The middle layer leverages best practices in scalable architectures including message queues and buses. The REST API layer uses ASP.NET Web API. The web technology for the platform-s various web interfaces utilizes the latest Vue.js and Angular.
We follow agile practices. That includes automated testing.
Help us make veterinary healthcare software better.
What you will do at IDEXX
- Spend most of your time working from home or our office writing effective code
- Work in an agile environment following agile practices including writing tests
- Design the architecture and major features for the web interface for the IDEXX Integration Platform
- Collaborate with a team of developers working remotely and on-site
- Think strategically in all areas of platform development
- Participate in team code reviews
- Incorporate customer feedback into the platform design
- Ship code on a regular basis
- Create REST APIs for customers to search, retrieve, and update data across heterogenous veterinary applications
- Design and build tools to manage integration points across veterinary practices
- Own and operate production services in AWS and Azure cloud infrastructure
What you'll need to succeed:
We don-t expect you to have all of the qualifications below, but we would like you to have experience in several of the areas below. We know smart developers take pride in learning what they need to know.
- Strong computer science fundamentals gained through bachelor-s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- Service-based application architectures
- Asynchronous programming techniques
- Unit, integration, and end-to-end testing
- 5+ years building high scale, mission critical systems
- 5+ years building SPA applications
- Experience (Re)designing complex systems, spanning multiple services and teams
- Expert level understanding of object oriented design and data modeling
- Proficiency in multiple languages
- Experience with Microsoft .NET development
- Experience working on Agile teams
- Experience with agile development practices
- Experience designing or working with REST APIs
- Experience building quality user interfaces