HII Mission Driven Innovative Solutions Inc. (HII-MDIS) provides mission-critical engineering and technical service to Information Technology, Federal Civilian, and National Security, Aerospace & Defense and International government and commercial customers at over 100 locations worldwide.
HII - MDIS is currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer to work in the USPS Headquarters building in Washington, DC.
Duties and Responsibilities (to include but not be limited to the following):
- Participate in all phases of the Agile software development lifecycle
- Produce process flows, specification, and design documentation
- Work with other members of the development team to evaluate and refine complex programming specifications.
- Develop high quality, well-documented code, abiding by USPS coding standards
- Perform unit-level testing and participate in integration testing.
- Perform code reviews of other developers work to identify issues and ensure that processes, methods, and standards are being followed
- Participate in functional and regression testing activities to ensure functionality of updates
- Support issue troubleshooting and customer support activities
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor s Degree or equivalent and 10+ years of experience in a technical field
- In-depth knowledge of software engineering techniques and concepts
- Experience in the full software development lifecycle for multiple software systems
- Ability to interact and coordinate with other software engineers, CM, QA, and systems analysts
- Experience with SEI/CMMI and/or other process improvement methodologies
- 3+ years working in software development
- 2+ years working with Microsoft .NET Technologies and SQL Server
- Experience with C#, ASP.Net, and SQL Server stored procedure creation
- Good communication skills.
- Experience with design tools and techniques (for example: UML, Use Cases, Visio)
- Experience with VersionOne and ALM
- Experience with Crystal Reports
- All candidates will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation and drug screening per HII requirements
- Candidates must be able to obtain a USPS Security Clearance. To qualify for a USPS Security Clearance, candidates must either be a Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply. with at least five years residency in the US.
See Job Description