Uber Eats is the fastest growing food delivery platform in the world, just over the last year we have doubled our gross bookings! Our team's work at Uber Eats directly impacts and continues to impact our communities. We help feed the Eater, and we help the merchants stay in business.
You would be joining an exciting new team, focussed on taking Uber Eats beyond food delivery to Grocery, Alcohol, and other verticals. Uber Grocery is an exciting new team with an ambitious mission that has already been launched in several countries around the world.
Come join us in our NYC office to be part of a thriving culture, while solving challenging problems at scale. Be sure to check out the Uber NYC Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
* At least six (6) years of software engineering experience
* Strong problem solving and coding skills in one or more below programming languages (Java, Go, C/C++, Python or other equivalent)
* Experience with distributed systems or microservice architectures
* Experience with relational databases and distributed storage systems (MySQL, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, Redis)
* Proven strong collaboration skills and passion for learning new technologies
* Prior experience as a mentor/tech lead to mentor junior engineers and develop products at scale
What the Candidate Will Do
* Design, architect and scale features to improve grocery and other new verticals
* Deliver ambiguous technical projects within the grocery domain
* Build and maintain collaborative relationships with multiple stakeholders (e.g. external third parties, designers, PMs) to accomplish work
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form