About Our Client
Our client is the leading online video platform that powers the video for many of the the world’s largest media companies. They are seeking a Sr. Software Engineer. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will help deliver a service that touches millions of people around the world by serving over a billion video streams each month.
About the Team
The ‘Dynamic Delivery’ team work on a highly scalable, multi-region set of microservices that are responsible for delivering video to millions of consumers around the world.
They’re a small team, so you’ll have a high degree of autonomy and input into design decisions. They also offer a competitive salary, flexible working environment and encourage learning and career development.
- Take ownership of a service from design to deployment
- Take into account scaling, cost and performance considerations when designing a service
- Stay abreast of developments and best practices within the technologies they use
- Work with Customer Support and Account Management to respond to customer impacting issues
- Work alongside other teams to develop cross-project solutions and drive best practices across the organization
- 5+ years of software development experience, preferably in Java, C, or C++
- Prefer 1+ years experience working with Go
- Experience delivering and supporting high scale SaaS services leveraging public cloud services such as Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience working in a Devops oriented team where engineers own the deployment stack
- Experience with Behavior and Test-Driven Development
- Knowledge of containers and container-based deployment
Experience working with CDNs a plus