Description Job Description:
We know once you join Team Leidos, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most rewarding careers you could have imagined. This Senior Engineer/Deputy Program Manager role offers relocation assistance and sign-on bonus to motivated candidates looking to grow their career in one of the largest growing tech hubs in the Silicon Prairie.Sign-on Bonus and Relocation assistance is available to motivated candidates wanting to grow their career in Omaha/Bellevue, NE.Job Summary
This position will support an advanced targeting application for the United States Strategic Command. In this role, you will have the dynamic opportunity to engineer software applications and support the Program Manager in growing and shaping the NIDS team in Bellevue. You will utilize your problem solving skills to troubleshoot production issues related to software applications, systems integration, compatibility and multiple platforms. The role will require you to apply critical thinking skills to assist in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools. As part of an Agile Scrum team moving toward DevOps, you will participate in the full software development lifecycle, working within broadly defined parameters and will own the delivery of part of a system or application.
Leidos operates several software development factories in support of various DoD, commercial, and Leidos-internal programs and is in the process of adding to this network of factories to better access geographically-distributed resources and expertise (e.g., AI/ML, autonomy, DevOps, etc.). The Leidos Bellevue site is in the process of integrating into this network for software development expertise, thereby potentially allowing local development staff the ability to support various projects and customers.Primary Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Chief Architect and other senior engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
- Build software solutions where the solution is not always well-defined but always considers the customer first.
- Support the Leidos Program Manager in coaching and guiding the existing Bellevue team and growing the team to support USSTRATCOM and future contract efforts.
- Mentor engineers and junior staff in the art of software engineering to develop quality software products.
- Work with the Leidos Program Manager to effectively support the Government Program Office, Government Systems Engineers, and operational users to ensure delivered products exceed customer expectations and provide substantial value.
- Position requires an active DoD Secret security clearance, with ability to obtain a TS/SCI.
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Systems Engineering, or related engineering/technical discipline with 8+ years of relevant experience; or a Master's degree with 6+ years of relevant experience.
- Possess the knowledge and experience to perform complex and difficult system and specialty engineering tasks with no supervision.
- Experience in leading and mentoring a small team of software engineers.
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies.
- Familiarity with server infrastructure products: VMware / WebLogic Server
- Experience with Linux and Windows operating environments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Cesium
- Experience with GWT and GXT.
- Experience with Ansible.