OBRC is the industry steward of Oregon's nationally recognized beverage container deposit program. We help keep Oregon beautiful by providing outstanding services to our partner distributors and retailers, and to the public for the recovery, reuse, and recycling of beverage containers.
This Senior level position plays a key role as part of a small development team working on a variety of web and Windows-based applications that support OBRC’s internal business processes, as well as serve our customers and partners. This position will be responsible for leading and contributing to projects such as:
- Integrating an ASP.Net-based ERP with a real-time field services mobile application to optimize commercial truck routing.
- Developing a telemetry and proactive alerting platform to notify technicians before problems occur.
- RFID tracking of trucks and trailers to provide operational insight and optimization.
- High speed used-beverage-container counters utilizing real-time machine vision and industrial controls.
- Updating our customer-facing website to add the necessary infrastructure to support mobile applications.
- Creating a data warehouse for reporting and analytics.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop, test, deploy, and maintain a variety of web, desktop, and server applications to support internal operations, including a custom ERP, custom CRM, mobile apps, and public and private facing websites.
- Assist in the development, troubleshooting and maintenance of computer systems including industrial counting and sorting equipment, mobile devices, remote kiosks and in-store devices.
- Deliver recommendations/solutions for business needs within strategic platforms.
- Serves as a mentor to less experienced team members
- Collaborates with team members and stakeholders to produce optimal results.
- Other tasks as may be assigned by the CFO or President.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, computer engineering, information systems, software engineering, information technology or a technically related field, desired.
- 6-9 years proven work experience in a senior software development role.
Requirements - Skills, Job Knowledge & Abilities
- Effective in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment with multiple concurrent projects.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively at all levels with both internal and external partners
- Demonstrated ability to successfully prioritize and manage multiple projects using independent judgement , adhere to deadlines, handle frequent changes effectively and professionally, follow through on issues in a timely manner, and give excellent attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Proven ability to lead a team or project
- Fundamental understanding of SOA and REST web development
- C#, ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET Web API
- Microsoft SQL Server and T-SQL
- git-based source control
Preferred but not Required
- ServiceStack web services framework
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- .NET Core
- Azure DevOps
- NUnit, UITest, and Mocha testing frameworks
- No direct reports, but serves as a mentor to less experienced team members.