Title: Senior Software Engineer
Location: Chanhassen, MN
Full Time/Direct Hire
Our client is looking for a highly skilled Senior Software Engineer to join our team. In this position, you will design, develop, implement and lead custom software projects.
A variety of these traits will help land you this job. If you have:
- a bachelor’s degree in software engineering or equivalent experience
- 5 or more years in building scalable systems from the ground up
- Strong (backend) software engineering skills in either Python, or Java
On top of that you must:
- be technically savvy with computer skills, including data management software, and other computer applications. Must be able to have the mechanical aptitude to comprehend complex instructions and apply that learning to effectively & efficiently analyze and cleanse client data
- make the right call with quality decisions, good judgment and keen problem-solving skills in determining better, more efficient workflows with the same high-quality standard
- Exhibit strong critical thinking skills and be extremely detail-oriented to ensure the highest quality of database cleansing and management is the output
- drive results, take initiative and be action-oriented by applying time management and self-management skills every day in order to meet deadlines while maintaining a positive attitude
- be accountable and take ownership of work commitments in meeting clients’ expectations and timelines
- collaborate and embrace the “Art of the Team” by working with Sales, Design, Production and Purchasing teams in order to get the work done on-time and within budget
- have a passion for excellence and drive for quality in all that the team produces
- be empathetic while problem-solving with clients and other team members, and stay process-focused when problem-solving
In this position, you will:
- lead technical design and development of applications and systems solutions to achieve business or technical requirements.
- design and implement APIs to support both external platform users and internal cross service applications.
- build web services that are highly available and adhering to provided quality standards/process, best practice.
- take part in code reviews, architectural decisions, write unit tests, and conduct troubleshooting to ensure up-time for live systems.
- work closely with front-end, backend, product manager to define technical requirements and timeline.
- work with limited supervision and direction; operate, drive results and set priorities independently.
- participate as a proactive contributor and subject matter expert.
To get hired at The Bernard Group, you MUST be:
- a highly skilled communicator (in English; both written and spoken)
- willing to admit when you make a mistake (it happens to the best of us)
- fiercely loyal to both our customers and teams
- trustworthy, reliable, and easy to get along with
- enthusiastic and eager to take on new challenges
- adaptable and willing to wear whatever hat gets the job done