Orbis Technologies, Inc. provides award-winning products, solutions, and services powering enterprise software for hundreds of clients across four continents and fourteen countries. Orbis software and services support mission critical Enterprise Content Management Software, Solutions, Services, and Analytical Software Solutions. We make semantic technologies perform at a global scale. Every day, thousands of users at our prestigious commercial, military, and federal customers depend on our software and solutions. When other partners miss the mark, Orbis gets the job done.
Orbis is seeking talented Senior Software Engineer to support the development of enterprise solutions for our commercial and government clients. In this role, you will demonstrate technical, functional, and process expertise to deliver effective, enterprise solutions to clients across multiple projects and industry domains as you define functional requirements and translate them into workable software solutions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to junior members of the software team.
- Verify the accuracy and completeness of software code developed by you and other team members.
- Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features.
- Debug existing software and correct defects with little or no guidance.
- Design, deploy, test, and maintain Orbis enterprise applications throughout the lifecycle from inception to implementation.
- Design interfaces and integration specifications for Orbis applications, evaluate client requirements, and provide solutions.
- Independently translates functional requirements into technical design including system configuration and processing requirements.
- Ensure documentation, functional and technical specifications are current.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining application security for all Orbis applications.
- Communicate complex issues with technical peers and senior leadership.
- Take part in decisions affecting product and solution architecture.
- Provide technical assessment and write-ups for proposals.
Mandatory Requirements & Qualifications:
- U.S. citizenship.
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field or equivalent technical work experience.
- DoD Secret level clearance or ability to receive one.
- 8+ years of experience in full-stack web application development.
- Strong proficiency in Java, Linux and Unix.
- Experience with modern build and code management tools (Jenkins, Artifactory, Gradle, and/or Maven Git).
- Experience with container/orchestration tools (Kubernetes, Docker, etc.).
- Experience working with technologies like Big Data, Hadoop, Accumulo, MarkLogic, MapReduce, SQL, noSQL and XML databases, etc.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies.
- Experience developing and deploying applications to the cloud platforms like AWS & Azure.
- Experience in Java code profiling and performance testing.
- Ability to work as an individual and team.
- Must be familiar with Integrated Development Environments (Eclipse or Visual Studio).
- Ability to work well with others and work calmly under deadlines.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- An advanced degree.
- Experience with Natural Language Processing (NLP) software.
- Exposure to Business Process Management software (e.g. Activiti, jBPM).
- Experience with or exposure to content management and/or information management principles.
- ComptTIA + Certified
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.
This is a full-time, on-site, exempt position with hours of operations from Monday to Friday, between 8am to 5pm
- 30 days flexible PTO including 15 vacation days, 5 sick days, 10 holidays, 2 of which are floating holidays
- 1-week additional time off, for life events such as adoption, childbirth, and marriage
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401(k) with 100% match of up to 4% of contributions and with immediate vesting
- Free health insurance, Free dental, Free vision, Free life insurance (terms and conditions apply)
- Free short-term and long-term disability insurance
Orbis Technologies, Inc. employs and promotes a highly talented and diverse workforce and environment, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, or any other protected class.
**3rd Party Recruiters - Please do not contact - There is no interest in using your services for this position.**