Senior Software Engineer
On behalf of our client, Procom Services is currently looking for a Senior Software Engineer in the Cary, NC area
Senior Software Engineer Main Duties
- Meet or exceed test coverage goals set for the project through creation of unit and functional tests
- Minimize the number of production escapes
- Support user acceptance testing
- Support or conduct system testing, performance, volume, and stress testing
- Collaborate with business and UX team to create appropriate application User interfaces
- Assist with mock-up's, user interface design
- Incorporate UX components into application
- Provide feedback to UX team
Product Reliability & Response:
- Ensure system can meet or exceed defined SLA's
- When primary on-call respond to pages within 15min, and resolve or escalate issue as necessary
- Resolve production issues and communicate resolution to appropriate stakeholders
- Complete stories within estimates and with quality to ensure release dates are met
- Conduct necessary analysis, design and prepare technical documentation
- Estimate story sizes and task out development for a given story
- Follow the Railinc development process and suggest improvements
- Work with infrastructure services to make configuration changes and deploy applications
- Evangelize Railinc common practices and development procedures
- Exhibit technical leadership in given technical subject domain
- Identify new technologies and approaches that may improve our quality, productivity, and capabilities
- Mentor peers and junior developers
- Delegate, and coordinate functional development tasks as needed
- Drive innovation in the development, release and operations processes
Senior Software Engineer Must Haves
- 7 years of Java/J2EE Web Development Experience.
- Comfortable with front-end, middle tier and backend technologies.
- Expertise in front-end technologies like Struts, Spring MVC or equivalent, hands on experience in these technologies a must in last 2 years.
- Expertise in Spring and hibernate or equivalent ORM, hands on experience in these technologies a must in last 2 years.
- Web Service SOAP/REST expertise, especially as a service provider.
- MDB/MDP/Broker/Service Bus MQ technologies development experience in last 2-3 years is a plus. If the candidate is just familiar with MQ or has minimal experience, needs to be really strong in specific front-end, backend technologies of Struts/Spring/hibernate.
- Expertise using Tomcat/Web Sphere servers
- Experience with Agile software development methodology
- Strong understanding of deployment processes, deployment environments, production application trouble shooting techniques etc. too.
Senior Software Engineer Assignment Length
6 Months Contract – Hire
Senior Software Engineer Start Date