It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business. Company Overview
At Proofpoint, we have a passion for protecting people, data, and brands from today's advanced threats and compliance risks. We hire the best people in the business to:
- Build and enhance our proven security platform
- Blend innovation and speed in a constantly evolving cloud architecture
- Analyze new threats and offer deep insight through data-driven intel
- Collaborate with customers to help solve their toughest security challenges
We are singularly devoted to helping our customers protect what matters most. That's why we're a leader in next-generation cybersecurity-and why more than half of the Fortune 100 trust us as a security partner.The Role
Proofpoint is a leader in the world of detecting and preventing email based fraud. We have built a cutting edge platform for collecting, processing and analyzing a massive amount of email data. The insight we provide helps our client base build a robust email infrastructure as well as informs clients of malicious use of their brand. We are looking for Software Engineers to join our growing team in Broomfield.
We are looking for a back-end focused developer interested in processing large volumes of data efficiently at scale, while applying analytical models, algorithms, and heuristics to turn that data into business-critical intelligence.Your day-to-day
What you bring to the team
- Develop scalable, high volume, production back-end systems that ingest large quantities of email related data
- Build the systems that classify, transform, and derive actionable intelligence from our available data
- Leverage new technology to accelerate the velocity of the team
- Study client behavior and use metrics to make informed decisions
- Participate in the product development process by working closely with other engineering and product teams to ensure the best solution is brought to market
- Work in a collaborative team-first environment
- Significant industry experience building high-performance systems in GoLang, Java, C#, or similar is a must
- Relevant experience with processing data at scale (Hadoop, Spark, large-scale ETL, Apache Storm, or some other parallel processing data pipeline) is a must
- Significant experience working with relational database systems (Postgres, Oracle, etc.) is a must
- Interest or experience in an AWS cloud environment highly desirable
- Interest or experience with containers and orchestration. Docker or Kubernetes experience is highly desirable
- Familiarity with perl, php, bash, or other scripting languages helpful
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines (e.g Jenkins, Helm, Terraform) highly desirable
- Interest in email and email authentication desired
- Familiarity with Scrum/Agile development methodology a must
- Minimum 8 years of relevant software development experience in a 99.99% uptime environment required (Sorry, applicants without this level of experience will not be considered.)
- A minimum of a BS degree in engineering is required. BSCS preferred, but willing to consider other engineering degrees along with relevant experience.
As a customer focused and driven-to-win organization with leading edge products, there are many exciting reasons to join the Proofpoint team. We believe in hiring the best the brightest and cultivating a culture of collaboration and appreciation. As we continue to grow and expand globally, we understand that hiring the right people and treating them well is key to our success! We are a multi-national company with locations in 10 countries, with each location contributing to Proofpoint's amazing culture!
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!