It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business. Company Overview
At Proofpoint, we have a passion for protecting people, data, and brands from today's advanced threats and compliance risks. We hire the best people in the business to:
- Build and enhance our proven security platform
- Blend innovation and speed in a constantly evolving cloud architecture
- Analyze new threats and offer deep insight through data-driven intel
- Collaborate with customers to help solve their toughest security challenges
We are singularly devoted to helping our customers protect what matters most. That's why we're a leader in next-generation cybersecurity-and why more than half of the Fortune 100 trust us as a security partner. The Role
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will work with several teams to continue building on top of a world class platform. This position involves design, architecture, implementation and operation of large scale cloud systems. Your day-to-day
You will be expected to drive the requirements for and own large components of the system throughout their lifecycle: requirements, architecture/design, implementation, testing, and launch. You will need to exhibit strong leadership and communication skills, define and successfully execute on the engineering and release priorities in a very agile application development environment. What you bring to the team
- Proven hands-on experience developing software following an Agile DevOps methodology with Continuous Integration / Deployment.
- Bachelors degree or above in Computer Science
- 6+ years of strong Java experience and performance tuning in Java
- Authoritative level understanding and hands-on experience with REST / JAX-RS Web Services using JSON
- Experience building large scale cloud services.
- Experience with massively scalable, distributed systems.
- Strong Object-Oriented Analysis and Design concepts
- Very good understanding NoSQL implementations
- Able to act as an independent technical lead on complex projects collaborating well with the team
- Excellent communication skills
As a customer focused and driven-to-win organization with leading edge products, there are many exciting reasons to join the Proofpoint team. We believe in hiring the best the brightest and cultivating a culture of collaboration and appreciation. As we continue to grow and expand globally, we understand that hiring the right people and treating them well is key to our success! We are a multi-national company with locations in 10 countries, with each location contributing to Proofpoint's amazing culture!
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!