It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business. The Role
As a Senior Software Engineer for the Threat Intelligence Engineering team, you will work with high caliber teams to make the vision come true for Proofpoint. The right person will have a passion for development and have helped to build highly scalable cloud applications. You have an eagerness to learn and pick new technologies as required. You have no problems questioning status quo and can convince/mentor the team to think differently. You believe that code not complete until it has been fully tested by you. You thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment comfortable with changes in direction. You can help figure out the difference between what your consumers want versus what they really need.Your day-to-day
What you bring to the team
- As the senior member of the Threat Intelligence Engineering team, you will be working closely with cross functional teams
- Mentor junior engineers in the team, recommend suitable technologies, be a role model for engineering best practices
- You can independently analyze requirements, design and build scalable products with 24x7 availability
- Bachelor's degree or above in Computer Science
- 5+ years of experience in large scale software development
- Strong problem-solving skills with entrepreneurial attitude.
- Experience with Kafka
- Good understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Have built systems at scale in the past and is very comfortable dealing with millions of requests.
- Good understanding of database concepts both in the relational and nosql world
- Be able to design and code - clean, elegant web services in Java/Python
- Experience with real time streaming applications is a plus
- In-depth understanding of running production service with 24/7 support, monitoring.
- Able to act as an independent technical lead on complex projects collaborating well with the team
- Excellent communication skills
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!