Description Job Description:
Are you a software developer with an interest in advancing the art of the possible for mission critical applications? Does the prospect of learning new technologies and applying them in new and innovative ways excite you? Do you have mad programming skills that are the envy of your peers? Then you just might have a home in the Research and Development arm of Leidos National Solutions. This is an exciting opportunity to apply your extensive Software Development background to drive the next generation of solutions for our customer set. Working in a dynamic environment, you will be focused on architecting and developing prototypes and operational software targeted at solving our customers' most challenging problems.
As an experienced developer within the organization, you will be expected to collaborate and coordinate with a geographically distributed team while working independently to implement the vision. Software Development, Customer Engagements, demos, inter-project TEMs, and RFP/RFI responses will occupy the majority of your time. You will learn and apply new technologies in an expedient fashion while taking an active role in shaping the direction of the organization and its solutions. Your immediate mainstays will be Java, Shell Scripting, AWS CloudFormation, Image Processing, and Web Services in a scalable, reliable, distributed, and performant environment; Analytics, Data Lakes, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, and Analytic/Knowledge modeling will be on the immediate horizon. As a senior developer within the organization, you may be asked to lead up efforts as need dictates. A successful candidate must be comfortable with being technically challenged on an ongoing basis.
- 8+ years of Software Development tackling challenging problems.
- Team Technical Leadership experience
- 5+ years of Java
- 6+ years of Distributed Development / Architecture
- 4+ years of Object-Oriented Analysis/Design
- 4+ years of Data Modeling Experience
- 3+ years of Linux Shell Scripting
- 3+ years of AWS Cloud Experience utilizing CloudFormation, VPC, EC2 instances, and Security Groups.
- BS Degree in Computer Science
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI Clearance.
- Image Processing/Exploitation Experience
- OpenGL / WebGL Experience
- Machine Learning / Computer Vision
- Python / Django
- Docker / Vagrant
- RDBMS (Postgres, Oracle)
- Front End Development (NPM, Webpack)
- IdAM (OAuth2, Cognito, JWT)
- Data Lake Experience
- Analytic / Knowledge Modelling Experience
- Message Queues / Event-Driven Programming (RabbitMQ, Kafka)
- Stream Processing Experience
- Geospatial Analysis / Production Experience.
- MS Degree in Computer Science
- Active TS/SCI clearance.