Senior Software Engineer #1943
In this role, you will provide technical leadership in software design and development to an Agile/Scrum team. The successful candidate will have a proven track record for creating efficient, scalable, and manageable enterprise-level systems using open-source technologies (Node.js, React.js, MySQL, MongoDB, Linux) hosted on AWS. You will be expected to be self-driven, think outside the box, and be open to working in a fast-paced startup environment with tight deadlines.
Experience and Education:
- 4+ year’s experience building large-scale server applications using a microservice-based architecture
- 4+ year’s experience working on high-volume websites
- A deep, abiding love for building scalable, high-performance systems
Technology Skills and Strengths:
- React.js, HTML5, CSS3
- Web Services (SOAP and/or REST)
- Cloud Development (AWS, Google Cloud Platform)
- Mongo DB, MySql DB
- Continuous Integration tools
- Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Database Schemas
- Systems development life cycle (SDLC)
- High traffic sites
- Highly adept at innovating and thinking beyond established standards and processes
- Demonstrated organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Flexible team player
- Ability to manage tasks independently without close supervision and take ownership of responsibilities
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Build out features across the entire development stack.
- Set technical direction and drive developer productivity through strong design and development processes along with design patterns and reusability concepts.
- Drive new features as well as maintain existing code.
- Understand the business well enough to align your development with company goals.
- Create and share dev best practices and standards. Always be learning.
- Collaborate on the design of new build-outs and write tests to maximize efficiency.
- Perform code reviews to ensure best practices are being employed.