Job ID: 2118571 Location:
COOKEVILLE , TN , US Date Posted:
Yes, 10 % of the TimeMinimum Clearance Required:
NoneClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
SecretPotential for Remote Work:
YesDescription SAIC is seeking Computer Science/Engineering graduates to join our team as a Software Engineer in Cookeville, TN
. This is your opportunity have a rewarding career participating, learning and developing an invaluable skillset in the technology industry, while providing meaningful contributions to our DoD customers. You must be a hard-working, sharp individual with a passion for software development, a positive attitude, and an intense desire to learn.
As a Developer, your primary responsibilities will include:
Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- Design, develop, code, test, debug, document and install programs
- Prepare program specifications and diagrams, and develops logic flowcharts
- Develop programs in languages, Tools and Databases such as Java, Java Script, PHP, SQL Server
- Understand business, technical, and program requirements
- Assist in the creation and general system design and technical specifications for new/replacement systems, taking into consideration computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and desired results
- Apply coding and analytical skills in all phases of the system life cycle
- Supply time estimates related to programming efforts
- Develop application program logic from customer-defined specifications
- Test, debug, support and maintain application programs for customers in a variety of business areas and environments
- Perform additional duties as required
- Must be able to obtain a Secret clearance. US Citizenship required.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or Computer Engineering + five (5) years or more experience. Masters in Computer Science or Computer Engineering + three (3) years or more experience
- Must be able to obtain a secret clearance. US Citizenship required.
- Knowledge of and experienced in one or more programming languages (Java, Java Script, .NET, PHP, SQL Server)
- JQuery, HTML, Hibernate experience a plus
- SQL - scripting, writing queries, basic knowledge and familiarity
- TFS and/or Jira/Confluence knowledge and use
- Knowledge of software design and implementation
- Knowledge of relational database principles and/or experience in database design, ability to create simple and complex queries
- Familiarity with Agile Software Development lifecycle
- Ability to explain complex technical terms and systems to others
- Participate in the identification and implementation of continuous improvement in process and standards for the entire team
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly collaborative and able to give/receive critical feedback
- Ability to learn new applications quickly
- Solid ability to take ownership and initiative
- Understanding of test methodology, QA process and the SDLC, understanding of how QA is performed within such a project is a plus
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $95,001 - $105,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com .
My SAIC Benefits.