What You'll Do
• Developing features over the Fire Linux OS delivering industry recognized Cisco CLI
• Maintaining (Build and Packaging) the Fire Linux OS including patching 3rd party software components
• Updating software packages to their latest versions
• Managing legal compliance and security compliance for all packages
• Demonstrate attention to detail, work well in a multi discipline-team environment, be highly motivated, and willing to learn new skills.
• Work with various cross-functional groups such as Product Management, other development teams, QA, System Test and Product Documentation
• Design, document and implement full stack features related to Cyber Security for our Next Generation Firewalls
Who You Are
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field with 10+ years of relevant experience
• Proficiency in Development experience over Linux/UNIX platforms.
• Solid understanding of networking architecture such as routing/switching, IP, TCP/UDP
• Proficiency in administration aspects of Linux
• Experience with internals of Linux distributions
Proficiency in Linux packaging (RPM, DEB, BitBake)
• Proficienct with shell and scripting languages such as bash, Perl and Python
* Solid Proficiency with the C/C++ programming languages
* Proficiency with Make,C Make,Ninja
• Experience with the full Software Development Life Cycle
• Problem solving and research skills
• Working experience in an Agile development methodology is a must.
Additional knowledge and skills desired:
* Experience in developing and integrating Identity/Access
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.