The Software Engineer works effectively across the entire software development life cycle. This includes requirements definition, prototyping, detailed design, coding, testing, deployment, and support of the day-to-day operation of production systems. The Software Engineer is expected to collaborate with technical staff, management, and business operations staff throughout all phases of the software development life cycle in order to deliver working solutions to complex business problems according to agreed upon timelines and budgets to support the mission, vision, and values of the organization. The Senior role is a high-level contributor and an expert in software development skills. Also has a good understanding of the business domain. Responsible for implementing and/or integrating new products, processes, methodologies, frameworks, and technologies. Works independently with minimal oversight and direction. Provides guidance, input, and instruction to lower-level technical professionals. Provides mentoring and training to staff and associate level software engineers.
Scope Essential Job Duties
- Codes, tests, debugs, and documents programs, and enhances existing programs to ensure that production systems continue to meet user needs.
- Coordinates interface with user management regarding project status, direction and user needs to promote an environment of user cooperation and satisfaction.
- Coordinates with the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification of software.
- Contributes to the development of high-level system architecture documents and detailed design specifications to serve as a guide for system/application development.
- Assists with scheduling, determining manpower requirements, and estimating costs to project completion in order to meet user requirements.
- Maintains a high-level understanding of industry application development best practices, tools, programming languages and techniques. Keeps current with new developments in the information technology industry and assists in the development and implementation of standards and methodologies at the organizational and departmental levels.
- Coordinates with analysts and consultants in the design and development of new software applications.
- Works with external software suppliers to coordinate software integration and resolution of problems contributor/specialist. Entrusted to exercise a wide degree of creativity and latitude in finding solutions to complex problems.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Two years of healthcare related software development experience.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, programming, or other technical field. Degree must be obtained through an accredited institution. Education is verified.
- or Four years of equivalent technical experience.
- Five years of professional software development experience.
- SSIS = SQL Server Integration Services