A rapidly growing health & home care leader is seeking to hire a Software Development Leader to join their organization. The primary responsibility will to lead the team in the design, maintenance and implementation of custom, web-based software applications. You are a collaborative individual seeking an environment where quality, camaraderie, and continuous improvement are part of the foundation of workplace.
- Sr Mgr/Director Development for a .NET platform team size about 8-10.
- Agile/Nimble organization that still has start-up type culture (things can change on the fly as business is growing.
Location: Gurnee, IL
Duration: Preference is Contract-to-Hire (3-6 months)
Salary: $125-150K + 20% bonus paid annually (80% personal goals, 20% company performance)
Reports to CTO
Some Key Deliverables:
Director, Software Engineering (.NET)
Key responsibilities are:
- Perform detailed analysis of the requirements and suggest best approach highlighting the advantages, risks, disadvantages etc.
- Leverages their extensive understanding of software programming patterns and principles to create high-quality features.
- Lead high level design and technical architecture activities to define overall software design, including requirements reviews, architectural proof of concepts and creation of design artifacts.
- Produce quality development estimates.
- Perform logical and physical design of system components such as database, server architecture and communications frameworks.
- Design software components based on documented requirements; Provide inputs on the overall software design and architecture.
- Code and unit test both framework and functional software components.
- Trouble-shoot and correct software defects.
- Work collaboratively to identify and resolve issues impacting software design and delivery.
- Define and maintain team operating standards for such items as SDLC processes, coding standards, code control, issue tracking, time reporting, etc.
- Strong leadership and technical skills to ensure on time delivery of quality software and to mentor more junior engineers.
- Lead the Design and development of custom web-based software applications in C#, .NET and Entity Framework platform for our healthcare services network.
- Work in an Agile environment and participate in joint application design, working with users and stakeholders to design intuitive, highly usable interfaces.
- Deliver quality software that has been successfully unit tested and respond promptly and professionally to defects and change requests. Support, enhance and maintain existing systems by analyzing existing code, identifying areas for modification and correcting software defects.
- Work independently with minimal supervision and self-manage work
- Provide assistance to testers and support personnel as needed to analyze and resolve defects and other system problems.
- Investigate new technologies and tools to make recommendations on their application to organization needs.
- Constantly update technical knowledge and mastery of software development skills by attending courses, outside reading, participation in forums and community networks and experimenting with new tools and techniques.
- Work with team lead to identify and resolve technical, process and personnel issues.
- Provide recommendations to management concerning issues of programmer productivity and software development management.
Job requirements include:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science/Software or Engineering/Mathematics
- Minimum 10+ years of professional software development experience.
- Proven experience as a Technical Leader of a small team
- Proven results with small to mid-size engineering/development teams to deliver software development projects.
- Proactive communication skills and ability to meet self established timelines for completing work products
- Experience collaborating with business stakeholders and subject matter experts in defining requirements, designing solutions and architecting the application.
- Minimum 5+ years of professional experience with the Microsoft .Net platform including C#, ASP.Net, XML.
- 2+ years of professional experience with ADO.NET Entity Framework and LINQ.
- Expertise in data modeling, SQL and stored procedures using Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience with SOA and .NET based web services using WCF Framework is required
- Solid in-depth understanding of object-oriented design principles and software patterns.
- Complete software development life-cycle experience; Good understanding of software development processes and software configuration management.
- Excellent overall verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment.
We look forward to placing you with our client.