NSpirent Communications is where the world's leading communications companies turn when they need to accelerate their time-to-market for next-generation communication systems. In fact, every significant industry test in the last six years has used Spirent's test systems as the benchmark. We are continually recognized by customers, industry, press, and technology associations for our innovative thinking and our ground-breaking products. The communications market has untapped potential. The boundaries of how fast, far, and accurately voice and data can be transmitted have yet to be reached, or even defined. Spirent solutions are paving the way for tomorrow's communications.
The atmosphere at Spirent is innovative, creative, diverse and technically challenging. We are always looking for new employees with exceptional abilities, vision, and commitment levels to join our team.
If you want to work with truly bright and motivated people-and be a part of an industry-leading company that's helping to revolutionize communications technologies-this is your opportunity. Our focus on employee satisfaction stems from a core belief that market-leading products start with one thing: market-leading people. At Spirent, we offer more than jobs, we offer unique career opportunities. We can do this because we are large enough to encompass a breadth of possibilities, while being small enough for you to be noticed and recognized. Are you innovative enough to work at Spirent?
As a Mid-Level Software Engineer, you will use your design, analysis, and development skills to enhance currently deployed products which provide intelligent integrations and interfaces between diverse systems. You will be part of an energetic team, engaged with solving complex challenges as they arise, developing and deploying quality products & solutions, while at the same time learning new technologies.
- Maintain and improve existing products which include Java-based web technologies.
- Develop new features and products within a team environment, and be able to work independently on assigned tasks.
- Test and maintain software products to ensure quality, strong functionality and optimization.
- Employ problem-solving skills and display an eagerness to learn new technologies.
- Work on assignments where analysis of situations or problems requires an understanding of a variety of factors.
- Assist with estimation of time and effort required to implement a project or assignment.
- Recommend improvements to existing software programs as necessary.
- Directly interface with Spirent's support teams, and at times our customers to provide problem-solving support.
- Clearly and regularly communicate with management and technical support colleagues.
- Work with a variety of relational databases understanding and proposing the improvements needed based on current software development needs.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
- Experience with Object-Oriented Software design principles.
- Ability to work independently or with a team, and multi-task effectively.
- Knowledge of Web Services development and software-oriented architectures using SOAP, WSDL, Axis, and JAXB.
- Basic understanding of system scalability and platform independent architectures.
- Familiarity with software configuration management concepts.
- Strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills, coupled with great people skills and a positive attitude.
- Familiarity with OSI Model, network topology, protocols and tools including IP, protocol analysis, and HTTP application layer.
- Knowledge of relational Database Management Systems (Informix, HSQLDB, MySQL, MariaDB, or PostgreSQL).
- Knowledge and strong understanding of the end-to-end product and project life-cycle.
- Basic understanding of various programming languages focusing on scalability and platform independent architectures.
- Demonstrated understanding of projects from the perspective of both client and business.
- Knowledge of Nodejs, Meteor, Angular and/or React; Knowledge of NoSQL Database principles and systems (MongoDB, RethinkDB, etc.) preferred.
- 0 to 4 years of experience in the Web & Software Development industries.
- Experience with client/server system integration products; web services & system interfaces, testing, workflows, and ticketing systems.
- Excellent communication skills and a strong work ethic.
- Knowledge of an object-oriented programming language such as C++ or Java.
- Working knowledge of Java & JSP programing, Apache/Tomcat implementations, JDBC API programing, and HTML/XHTML language browser technologies.
- Working knowledge of Web Services, related protocols/methodologies and messaging (SOAP/XML or REST/JSON/CSV).
- Working knowledge of Linux and/or Unix based systems.
- Worked with at least one major relational Database systems (Informix, HSQLDB, MySQL, MariaDB, or PostgreSQL).
- 1+ years of experience working with telecommunication service providers and understanding a network operations environment preferred.
Apply directly at: http://www.spirent.com/Careers/Opportunities?RID=3204
Spirent Communications: Testing the Future
Spirent is where the world’s leading communications companies come to test and evaluate their next-generation communication systems. In fact, most of the industry’s significant advances have been made using our tests as the benchmark. Our innovative solutions help to evaluate the latest technologies, infrastructure and applications. We also provide tools for service technicians and field test engineers to improve network quality and make troubleshooting more efficient and effective.
Tracy A. James
Senior Recruiter | Human Resources
Direct Dial: 1.732.578.2529
Linked In: www.linkedin.com/in/tracyannjames