The Senior Software Engineer is responsible to build high quality, innovative and fully performing software that complies with coding standards and technical design.
· Develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
· Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
· Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
· Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
· Responsible for communicating with engineers and manufacturer's technical support staff regarding programming needs and performance.
· Serve as a Technical Lead contributing to and directing the efforts of development team and external team members.
· Determine root cause for the most complex software issues and develop practical, efficient and permanent technical solutions.
· Work in close partnership with cross-functional teams and management.
· Lead team with best practices, standards and tools for development of software.
· Lead offshore production support vendors with day-to-day activities.
· BS or MS in computer science or equivalent education.
· 8+ years of professional experience working on both web and mobile applications.
· Expert in MS stack (SQL, .NET, IIS).
· Experienced in at least one of the following: cloud configuration, containers & orchestration, or CI/CD.
· Familiarity with AngularJS, NoSQL databases and mobile first design principles.
· Strong background in testing, documentation & code management.
· Strong communication skills.
· Understand business needs and know how to create the tools to manage them.
· Must be a self-starter.