Sr. Software Engineer with Trianz client - Minitab
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Provide technical advice to other departments within the company, usually Software Design and Quality Engineering.
Bring appropriate leading edge software skills to the development forefront on Minitab software development teams.
Contribute to technical decision making for the implementation of the various Minitab products under development.
Coordinate the expertise of software engineers in various areas to ensure that Minitab software products contain the correct features and are organized in the appropriate way to meet the current and future goals of the software product.
Ensure that your development teams have an understanding of the architectural vision of the application and that the tools being used are appropriate to produce high quality software in an efficient manner.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or a closely related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of progressive commercial software development experience. Minimum of three (3) years of experience developing the Minitab Statistical Software application.
- Familiarity with the latest Microsoft technologies and an understanding of widely used architectural patterns.
- High working knowledge of one or more of the current Minitab software architectures and the complexities of transitioning the software to a new architecture.
- Experience in time management regarding project completion.
The following are also desirable:
- Expertise in C++, .NET, C#, F# and cutting edge Microsoft technologies.
- Experience with interoperability of managed and unmanaged code in a .NET environment.
- Familiarity with the Standard Template Library and advanced templatization techniques.
- Familiarity with cloud platform technologies such as Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud.
- Experience with source control systems such as Team Foundation Server or Git.
- Experience using an agile development process.
- Ability to write and maintain unit tests and familiarity with testing frameworks such as NUnit.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated initiative to lead groups of software developers and to build consensus for solving complex software problems.
- Ability to work well in a team of skilled software professionals with the ability to build consensus for new architectures, practices and technologies.
- Ability to learn complex new technologies quickly and independently and to discern the relevancies, applicability, and usefulness of those technologies to Minitab.
- Ability and desire to assume team and project leadership roles, and to mentor other software engineers.
- Ability to speak, read, write, and understand the English language.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified.