Unissant, Inc. is an innovative solutions development and consulting company committed to delivering simplicity through innovation. We meet this commitment by delivering state-of-the-art enterprise computing and processing solutions to both government and commercial clients. Our workforce continually strives to advance y(our) collective intellect through collaborative fortitude, and we are looking for further talent to join that effort! To learn more about our exciting organization, please visit us at www.unissant.com
We are seeking a Sr. Software Engineer to join our team and support our client in Silver Spring, MD. This Federal program requires US Citizens only.
When responding to this opportunity, please speak to the relevancy of your work experience in your cover letter.
The Sr. Software Engineer will design, develop and implement applications and systems based on user needs. Our user base supports mission critical applications that require support and modernization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops, maintains and enhances web applications using object-oriented programming languages
- Designs software solutions based upon analyzing information needs, collaborating with end-users, understanding data flows and business processes.
- Develops, maintains and enhances legacy applications to include bug fixing, improving application performance and adding new functionalities increasing scope of the application
- Develops high quality code that adheres to architectural approaches and coding policies/ standards
- Documents and software solutions by developing comprehensive documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts and code comments.
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards and programming
- Improve operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures
- Provides process improvement recommendations by collecting, analyzing and summarizing development and service issues
- Provides support and develops software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities
- 8-10 + years of related experience in software development with object-oriented programming
- 7-8 + years of .NET applications development experience with Visual Studio
- 5-7 years of Java Enterprise development, Java Server Pages (JSP)/Applet, JDBC, and Java Script preferred
- 7+ years of experience with IIS, Apache, Jboss, Windows 2008 to Windows 2012 and SQL*Server
- Experience following a structured Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Experience building complex web systems
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams and management to collect requirements, identify tasks, provide estimates and meet production deadlines
- Knowledge of IIS, Windows and SQL*Server
- Understanding of Oracle databases
- Ability to collaborate with team to brainstorm and create new products
- Ability to make informed decisions quickly and taking ownership of services and applications at scale
- Ability to be a persistent, creative problem solver
- Ability to remain calm and effective in a crisis
- A self-starter who stays on top of leading-edge technologies
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or information systems; Masters or equivalent preferred
Certifications, Licenses and Registrations:
- CompTIA Security+ certification is required
- Experience in Healthcare/DOD background preferred
- Security Clearance preferred
- Excellent verbal and written skills, ability to present solutions and recommendations, and comfortable interfacing all levels of organization
- Ability to write clear and concise creative content in a highly confidential manner
- Ability to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Ability to effectively communicate project information to customer and supervisors
- Mainly sedentary; in an office environment
- May be required to lift up to ten (10) pounds
- Flexible in working extended hours
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Unissant management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, where applicable and available, reasonable accommodation(s) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of this position.
Please note: Candidate(s) will be required to go through pre-employment screening.
Unissant, Inc. is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer! (EOE; M/F/D/V)