Volt Workforce Solutions has a temp to hire position as a Senior Software Engineer in Ashburn, VA. The ideal candidate with have 7+ years of experience developing in Java/Spring, 3+ years in a cloud (preferably AWS) environment and experience with Docker, Mesos or Kubernetes. This is a great opportunity to join an exclusive team that is working on a project that will impact the organization. Please read the following description and apply below if you meet the requirements.
Seeking a Senior Software Engineer. The primary duties include:
• Full life cycle product support of software including design, implementation, testing and documentation for new our brand new products and features within an Agile-Scrum development team.
• BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Software Engineering or equivalent required.
• 5+ years of work experience in an engineering design environment.
• Direct programming experience with Java/Spring on Linux platforms.
• Direct experience developing and operating on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
• Direct experience building and deploying code using Gradle and Docker.
• Expertise in Python and shell scripting.
• Expertise in Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, Mesos, Netflix OSS, PostgreSQL, or Couchbase is an advantage.
• Experience with source code control and CI using Perforce and Jenkins strongly desired.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.