Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas - the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com. The Business
Group Exchange develops and delivers private group benefits exchanges for employers of all sizes. Our product portfolio includes a wide array of technology and services that support employers in the administration of their employee benefits programs - our private exchange offers a satisfying benefits shopping experience. The Role
We are a group of passionate Software Engineers that have built the award-winning "Bright Choices" web portal in addition to other customer-facing products for a global audience. We have a focus on continuous improvement that extends to both the software we write and the culture we promote. We build a platform to provide the best possible support to our customers shopping for benefits, where our carrier partners can be confident their products are represented accurately and unbiased.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team. You should value expertise and a passion for the craft of Software Engineering. You should be able to recognize and stay up to date on current techniques and tools, but also be prudent knowing what is and isn't a good fit.
- Build software primarily using C#, Angular, SQL Server, and Azure technologies
- Gain the skills necessary to be a full-stack engineer if not already possessed
- Help improve the quality of software by writing automated tests, and performing code reviews
- Work and communicate effectively in an agile team environment
We're looking for individuals who love building software. You should have experience, but always willing to learn new things. Ideal candidates are experienced and are passionate about learning new technologies. We provide an environment conducive to this type of candidate as well as competitive compensation.
You will also meet most of the following requirements:
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Experience with C#, Visual Basic, Java, or other object-oriented programming languages
- Experience with ASP.NET, Spring, Express, or other web application frameworks
- Experience with SQL Server, MySQL, Redis, MongoDB, or other database technologies
- Consider testing an important discipline while writing software
- Accept ownership of your work and overall projects
- Good at communicating ideas as well as hearing others
- Solid experience with OOP and approaches to software design
- Familiar with software development methodologies such as Agile, Scrum, and Kanban
- Familiar with API design, service-oriented architecture (SOA) and messaging patterns
We believe in a collaborative work environment and a culture that thrives on learning new things. We enjoy the benefits of being a big company while maintaining the culture and feel of a startup. Here are a few of our favorite perks:
- Casual dress code
- Flexible work schedule
- Company provided coffee, tea, and subsidized on-site marketplace
- Team-centric rooms that maximize team collaboration while minimizing cross-team distractions
Competitive compensation and benefit package
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Know your rights